FDA approves daraxonrasib for advanced pancreatic cancer
one of my dear friends died this year from pancreatic cancer the world is less without him I look forward to no one else having to mourn someone gone so fast and too soon I’m glad this gets us closer
My best friend’s mom, who I’ve known my whole life (our parents were friends and neighbors) is dying from it now and it’s breaking my heart. She lived a quiet life of service, and like so many others, doesn’t deserve to go out like this.
I wish this had come in time to help my friend who is quitting chemo and entering hospice, but it's going to help so many people!
My uncle passed from it in May. My husband has had several clients in the last two years. It's truly awful.
there's also a lot of hope this will help with some other cancers too! daraxonrasib blocks a method a lot of malignancies use to grow, which won't help with all cancers, but it's by no means limited to pancreatic cancer that's just historically such a scary one
about a quarter of all tumors, including 80-90% of certain types like pancreatic, have what's called a RAS mutation this enables the tumor to trick the body into helping it grow beyond what the body should normally allow daraxonrasib makes RAS mutations ineffective
STEM getting it done again! 💉 💊
We're in the world of "reverse landmines" from Vinge's Rainbows End. Each cure is a landmine, and if you have the right kind of disease at the right time, you step on it - get a shot and it's cured.
My friend's sister died of pancreatic cancer just 4 months ago. I am thankful that these researchers have found something that will provide other families some hope.
My father-in-law died in 2011 from it, too. Nasty & quick. What an incredible blessing that other people & families hopefully will be spared the worst in future.
My husband heard just yesterday his former colleague died from it.
But it costs $40k a month!
I’ve lost two people close to me. Pancreatic cancer is the devil. This is such good news.
It took my brother Kenny over 20 years ago. #FuckCancer