Man dies after entering tiger enclosure at Yorkshire Wildlife Park
"Trespasser dies from injuries sustained during Break and Enter" FIXED IT
The attraction was closed so staff could deal with trauma, heavy administration, form-filling and to allow emergency services to do their thing. "Evacuated" is not the correct word either.
Not sure why humans are so focused on always proving we are the dumbest species, but we definitely are.
Excellent clarification. You just saved me 15 minutes. Thank you.
Amur tigers are critically endangered. I’m so relieved they didn’t harm the tiger. Whoever the man was, he clearly needed to seek psychiatric or mental health help.
The man was in the tiger enclosure, which isn't really how this headline makes it seem www.bbc.co.uk/news/article...
There is video. I probably wouldn't.
And most importantly not a zoo worker, but someone who climbed over and into the enclosure. Tiger was only protecting itself against a stranger who invaded his home.
Crocodiles earlier in the year, now tigers.. what the fuck is wrong with folk
The stupid twat shouldn't have gone into the tiger enclosure. I hope the tiger is OK.
Apparently the tiger is ok.
guardian headline was much better! bsky.app/profile/theg...
Headline should be: Man endangers life of endangered Amur tiger by deliberately entering its enclosure at Yorkshire Wildlife Park
It's always about the human when this happens, and always the animals that end up paying the price. Hoping and praying the tiger is unharmed.
Absolutely! The tiger reacted as one should expect when confronted with someone unexpectedly in its enclosure. It should reflect the tiger defending itself. It shouldn’t be a few lines in before we find it was the man putting himself at risk.
It was spending it's time alone when we went a few years ago. What was the man thinking?
You can now add Dead to the beginning.
Preventable death. I loathe zoos and marine parks. 🪶🙄 www.ctvnews.ca/world/articl...
If it weren’t for work zoo’s do in their captive breeding programs & shared dna database, we’d have no chance to save certain species. Nature is also cruel and lifespans in the wild can be dismal. Until we start protecting wildlife, a zoo might be somes best chance. I’d prefer not, but here we are.
I do too, but the man CLIMBED INTO THE ENCLOSURE.
I loathe fucking morons who think they're going to outsmart a tiger a whole lot more than zoos. in fact, where I live, the zoos have adjusted over my lifetime, and are pretty darned excellent. Morons remain the same.
I'm not crazy about someone stupid enough to climb into a tiger enclosure either.
And third on the ‘loathing list’….ignorant people 🤦🏻♀️
I read there are only about 500 left. Probably why they're in a preserve. They're beautiful cats!
Please don’t tell me they shot the poor tiger after that idiot entered the enclosure.
One day maybe we won’t have zoos, the death penalty or republican nutjobs in power. 🙏
No they never shot the tiger 🐅.... this is England not the wild west.....
I hope not. Wasn’t the cats fault.
Wasn’t the cats fault. Just someone trying win a Darwin Award
Obviously, I hope that this person can recover from their injuries. However, it's very important to underline that the tiger has done *nothing* wrong here and, if it gets killed, that would be utterly immoral. news.sky.com/share/13570660
Reports now say he has died. Hard agree on your ‘underlining’ though, but probably much, much better that zoos and wildlife parks (not wildlife reserves, in their country of origin) do not exist. We don’t need them
They are wild animals and it is to be expected if they behave like that.
Just read the story and that’s exactly what I came on here to say
Man invaded tiger enclosure at wildlife park. Seriously why are men never at fault in headlines. The tiger did not get out and attack him, he entered the enclosure.
I assume he was drunk and I assume the world is now down a tiger.
Today, on social media, for some reason I separately saw videos of both a human and a goose in a tiger enclosure trying to fend off the tiger the man died, and the goose scared off the tiger anyone knows geese could have seen this coming
Tiger probably was familiar with humans but not with geese and was like what the hellll is this angry thing. Seems scary!
The only think scarier than a goose is a swan.
Geese are fucking evil creatures. The tiger recognized this fact.
I watched a goose sitting in Wing Stop drive through play chicken with an SUV for several minutes and win.
one year when I was in college they put a sign on a door saying "use other exits due to nesting geese" and then someone had scrawled in pen underneath "this is not to protect the geese this is for your own safety" and that, my friends, is environmental storytelling
Ive worked for two separate landscaping companies with some of the scruffiest, no fucks to give dudes who refused to do jobs due to nesting geese. Just walked away and I do no blame them.
Geese are pure evil. Everyone knows this.
Some jackass in Yorkshire, England has died from his injuries after jumping into a tiger enclosure for no reason. The tiger was uninjured.
I'm glad to hear the tiger was unharmed.
The idiot shook his finger at it like it was a cat from the Meow Mix commercial!
Read that the man was deaf and developmentally impaired and his caregiver was not present. I can't verify if it is true but I'm inclined to believe it given the short video I saw with him seemingly trying to communicate nonverbally to the tiger. Fucking awful shit.