Banned Books Week, Lawmakers and Libraries Push Reading Rights
In honor of #BannedBooksWeek, I'm happy to report that many state DOTs have refused to add my book to their own libraries (and happier to report that many of the same state DOTs have held secret book clubs with my book)
I read/listened to it a few months ago. It was good, but I didn't retain enough info so I'll have to read it again. Thank you so much for putting it together, it's nice we have a growing amount if literature telling us we need to change our build environment and how to do so
I just finished it a few days ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Good thing I read it before my transportation engineering class. Although I did feel called out by the last paragraph in the acknowledgements about taking pictures of intersections lol
What a fantastic subtitle. Just curious if you came up with it or your editor did (editors are good at that kind of thing).
Middle school teacher here. Among the books I teach are several that have been banned, including: 1. The Crucible 2. The Giver 3. Lord of the Flies 4. Fahrenheit 451 5. Animal Farm 6. Night #BannedBooksWeek
I talked about Fahrenheit 451 since day one and I’ve just finished writing up about Animal Farm.
Too much independent thought in those!
Actually hated Lord of the Flies when forced to read it for school. I was more of a Lord of the Rings type. BUT. That's why I needed to read it. 😜