Margaret Hamilton, Apollo Software Pioneer, Dies at 90
Thank you for leading the team that wrote the onboard software for the Apollo missions, guiding Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to a safe landing on the moon. Yours is an amazing legacy & everyone should know your name. Goodnight and godspeed, Margaret Hamilton. 🕯️
She wrote the code that carried men to the moon and back, and no one whispered her name. The rest of us clawed at shadows; she simply built the light.
That's right, A WOMAN PUT MEN ON THE MOON.
Just heard the news. I'm so sad. She was definitely a #WomanAstro extraordinaire. 🔭🧪🚀 #WomeninSTEM #WomeninScience
#MargaretHamiilton #ApolloMissions #SpaceTravel #NASA #MIT #WomensHistory #STEM #WomenInSTEM
Margaret Hamilton is her name.
An amazing woman. Tbh, I’ve not met many who aren’t.
Saw several posts about the death of Margaret Hamilton this morning, and for a brief time I thought I was utterly losing my mind since the computer scientist was not the person that immediately sprang to mind. And the person who did spring to mind would have been 123 years old were she still alive.
Ok SAME! but I was a little gay boy whose favourite book when I was 3 or 4 was the Making of the Wizard of Oz book my great grandfather got me, complete with pictures of screen tests and behind the scenes lore.
I did that too 😭
Anytime I see that picture now, all I can think of is the painful makeup she endured for that movie.
Ha...yes, she is still dead!