Fire Emblem: Fortune's Weave players report mixed impressions after launch
Some Fortune's Weave from me other at @mothership.blog this morning! It's time to talk Dietrich and Fabio! I was surprised how much Dietrich's route was a kind of love story, one whose various peculiarities end up twisting and turning through questions of gender and expression.
I've only finished part 1 of Dietrich so far, but oh man. I was already immensely enjoying the neurodivergence allegory going on with Dietrich but Fabio is one of the Fire Emblem characters of ALL time. Can't wait to see their A support once I finish all the paths and can proceed...
"You are human and I love you!" One of my favorite cutscenes in all FE.
I'm only on Chapter 6 on Dietrich's path, so I'll refrain from reading the article until I'm done with it, but I would like to say that I found it very intriguing that Dietrich's beauty is constantly brought up by other characters, while he himself doesn't seem to care about it all that much.
HARPER JAY ON MOTHERSHIP ABOUT FORTUNES WEAVE I JUST FELL TO MY KNEEESSS
I hope the connective thread between all future Fire Emblem games is that Seteth is there and has horribly dyed his hair a new color.
We’ll start speculating the color theory of Seteth’s hair like it’s a new Persona game
In the next Sothisverse game actually Flayn will be getting micro-bangs, a bob and a black box dye.
I hope his eyebrows are always the color from the previous one
Did Homer have a self-insert in the Odyssey? Kinda feels like that a little
FE gaming update: Since last week, I’ve put about 25-30 hrs into Fortune’s Weave (Cai pt 1 ch 8 so far) (He seems like tutorial boy so primed for new player intro + I’m more interested in the other 3 so lots to look forward to) Thoughts so far are too long for a post so screen shot notes below 🫡
I’m very much enjoying the game. It’s a JRPG fan’s feast But a lot of the time… it’s easy to forget this is FE. Not bc of the world, characters, or story - but the amount of time spent not in tactics battles My notes will sound critical bc my brain go BRR but remember - I’m enjoying this!!! 🙂↕️💙
I’m asking for it for Christmas. My daughter usually “gets” me a Nintendo game and I am hoping the art style and characters rope her in. Sounds like it’s mainly positive thoughts on it so far, ya?
You are already way beyond me. 😅. I’m always character jumping to though but I’m only 10 hours in
Great thoughts Maude. I always love when big series "experiment" and "reinvent" themselves - I also have so much I want to say but it's hard to whittle down such a giant grand game 😂 Plus, I think I need to hit the backend of the game to fully evaluate it, but generally, I'm having so much - - -
Im not much further than you, but I end up doing a lot of the overworked skirmish battles to get that tactics fix. Also, from what Ive heard, deployment count does increase quite a bit later on, but I do wish I could use more of my army at a time. (Ive recruited 26 characers, so 6 is a little lame)
Fair critiques for sure. I also slogged through a lot of Dagsion repetition to complete all 4 paths in part 1. 100% worth it, as you'll see in later parts. Just recruit everyone you can (that you like) on all 4 paths. I did Cai's last and cuz so much of the map is inaccessible, I auto-skipped a lot.
Man, the new Fire Emblem game is not hitting for me the way I wish it was.
That’s a shame. 😢 My partner and I have honestly been blown away by it, but that may be partly the route we picked to play first (I fear the others will be very underwhelming in comparison). We were commenting yesterday that it feels like this route could have basically been the whole game itself.
It genuinely took me about 20 hours before I was like "yeah I'm ba-da-ba-ba-ba lovin' it"
Which route did you try first? (I did Leda & I enjoyed it despite a lot of stuff. I think keeping track of the calendar & all the stuff to do in town is deeply confusing.)
Anime Herald's Samantha Ferreira (@sam-animeherald.northsky.social) is here to discuss the importance of Sakura Wars for its 30th Anniversary! Why does it attract an LGBTQ fanbase and what does the future hold?🌸 PLUS: - Fire Emblem: Fortune's Weave - Romancing SaGa www.patreon.com/bloodgodpod/...
Hey, @bloodgodpod.bsky.social were kind and naive enough to let me talk about Sakura Wars for two hours. Today can be YOUR day that ends with "Y", too. \o/
On a day like this, I really should post some updated photos of The Room (TM).