Banned Books Week, Oct 4, 10; US school bans reach record 12,000
BEGGING people to look up terms before using them for library social media. “BBW” doesn’t mean Banned Books Week
Look, I get it. I’m a naive little librarian myself. When I was 17, I wrote a trilogy of portal fantasies where the bad guys hid in the Nether Region. Absolutely zero clue. My unpublished angsty teenaged books aren’t being transmitted to patrons, though
Rolling up to the library like
okay, but: great promotion ideal for the plus size book-reading models out there
Every commercial social media post should have to be OKed by at least one 14 year old.
The day I spent almost an hour explaining to an extremely normal acquaintance why he shouldn’t name his band “Stormfront”
Wait till you see what the state-run TV and radio stations are called in the UK...
Read banned books … 📚🤓 ( idea credit: @cathymcfe2005.bsky.social )
👉🏼👈🏼 what if we curled up with something tasty and took turns reading to each other?
It's getting hot in here, almost feels as hot as 451℉ 🥵
Best thing I’ve seen all day way to win the internet or break it
Oops, probably shouldn't be opening Blue Sky in the public library. (Though the message is good!)
Good book! Hot photo. Hope it doesn't burn you.
Absolutely. There's bound to be treasure inside each cover.
Happy #bannedbooksweek I want to share with you a banned book that I made called Basil and Oregano. Why is it banned? Because two girls kiss, that's it.🙄 Book is available thru amazon, barnes and noble, and your local book store 💖 So every day this week, I'll be sharing pages from it 💖
I bought this book from Melissa at Rose City Comic Con last year and I can indeed confirm it's a great book! I should re-read it again because it made me feel all warm and fuzzy and even writing this right now, I feel goosebumps on my arms. Go support a wonderful person & check out this book!
Things I love about Mel's stories: The gorgeous artwork. The varied, engaging characters. The beautiful backgrounds. Plot drama balanced by humour. Phenomenal lighting. Pacing. Exquisite character design. Intriguing world building. So basically everything I think.