Lanterns Season 2 enters early development
Now that Lanterns has pulled "Game of Thrones finale" level viewership every week, are the powers that be finally ready to admit that black superheroes deserve the spotlight?
Good actors and great writing is all that is needed. Lanterns gave us both. I would say the Watchmen tv series was superb too
Mr. Terrific was great in Superman. I hope we get more of him in the DCU.
The world is ready for a Static Shock live action show.
Cynically, I worry it only works the other way. A Lanterns or Sinners doesn’t move the needle much, but god help us if You, Me and Tuscany takes a loss.
I dream of an adult Static Shock and Bayman Beyond team up dealing with a post-Justice League threat. I don't need origin stories. They can just be.
I love Static. I would die for him!!!
It's exhausting hearing "fans" talk about Lanterns being a character assassination of Hal Jordan. Or accusing the writers of hating Hal. You mean the Hal Jordan that went crazy and killed The Green Lantern Corps? The Hal that tried to remake the entire universe? That Hal? This guy?
Or does anyone remember that Abin Sur was being tortured in Hell for the sin of giving Hal a ring?
Hal has a fall from grace in the comics. Hal has a fall from grace on TV. Me: Hey, those things are similar. Some internet people: I hate you and you're dumb.
Maybe its just fatigue of taking a traditionally good hero and reimagining them as some gritty jaded dark version of themselves for the past 15+ years with live action adaptation. I appreciate the kind of cop drama they aimed for, but its understandable fans of the character dislike it.
Hal “She Said She Was 18!” Jordan.
The only time Hal is interesting is when he has an issue, otherwise he's Perfect Cop and that just isn't interesting. Also the reason they have problems writing John, he's sucha freaking archangel where's the tension.
So far I thought the project I'd like least from the new DC stuff would be Peacekeeper season 2. I was wrong. Lanterns is just *terrible.* Hated it. Fucking Lindelof.
You know for a split second when they announced the title as "Lanterns" instead of "Green Lanterns" I thought they were gonna be ambitious and do the emotional spectrum stuff and show the other corps. Instead they ran from the source material like it was going to serve them a lawsuit.
personally if he's attached to something i will always want to blame actual literal war criminal tom king
I'm not even gonna bother trying it thanks to all the very necessary Harry Potter references.
Don’t forget Tom King He had a hand in it aswell.
I’m still bummed about The Animated series getting cancelled all those years ago. Felt like it could have developed into something special.
Maybe I’m silly, but I prefer my superhero media to be bright and colourful. I know, I’m weird like that :D
People (read: chuds and racists) are freaking out because John Stewart made his own oath in the Lanterns show. There have been multiple "oaths" used by members of the Green Lantern Corps for literally DECADES. And, canonically, Hal Jordan invented the classic oath from nothing.
how quickly people forget the F-Sharp Bell weirdos do not understand that the oaths are just words you say while charging, they are not imbued with special meaning in and of themselves, the meaning comes from the folks saying them
I love how many of them claim to be comic fans and dunno that the oath itself has always been malleable and always different depending on the lantern.
I liked F-Sharp Bell’s version. I wasn’t too interested in “Lanterns”, due to the trailers making it seem like another “‘We’re a little embarassed by comic books so we‘re gonna take two near-demigods and have them fight corrupt sheriffs”. I get the feeling I misjudged it, from comments here.
#dc character of the day: John Stewart A marine veteran(originally an architect), Stewart became another human green lantern after Guy Gardener was badly injured. After a journey of both tragedy and healing, John would become one of the greatest green lanterns and even fought by the justice league
John has been made famous by his adaptation in the DCAU shows such as Justice League Unlimited, where he was chosen to be the main GL over Hal. The HBO series Lanterns serves as his origin for DC Universe movies with him looking up to be the main lantern of that continuity as well
You're leaving out the facts that his wife, Katma Tui, was murdered by Star Sapphire and that he was responsible for the destruction of a planet.