Silent Hill: Townfall launches, players praise atmosphere
I reviewed Silent Hill: Townfall. At times it's utterly brilliant, at others it's creatively frustrating and bloody tedious. So much greatness, yet so many caveats. Read here: www.thejimquisition.com/post/silent-...
I didn’t really like it in the end. At times I liked the atmosphere, but I never cared for the characters and the absence of horror and the the tedious stealth sections killed it for me. I also dislike the “Silent Hill phenomenon” idea they introduced with Short Message. Also music was pretty weak.
I haven't got that far in because I got distracted by the period accurate number plates and the Guide Dogs for the Blind collection boxes. But yes, that h as broadly been my experience.
Silent Hill should have stopped at 3:00
Clara Woods from Townfall might just be a top 5 Silent Hill level
Closest thing the series has ever felt to the first open town part of Silent Hill 1 imo Good amount of freedom. Felt amazing going into all the houses and looking out the windows to see monsters roaming by the street lights. The puzzles were also very neat and the atmosphere was out of this world!
when you have to go back into the locker area and when you leave you notice it suddenly transitioned to the otherworld while you weren't looking i went FUCK out loud
I hate admitting this, but at this point, I'm realizing I had more enjoyment (and have replayed) Silent Hill Homecoming, and Downpour, then I did with these latest two new spin off/entries. Loved Silent Hill 2 remake though. No shade at the new games, but they just haven't hit with me.
I came to the realization a while ago that I am a Silent Hill 2 fan, and not a Silent Hill fan. Downpour and Homecoming are very good games I would always rather play than any of the other sequels.
Can't win them all man, least you gave your darndest honest shot. Good shoutout to homecoming and downpour, those were a few of my "flawed yet i enjoy much" kinds of SH games.
I loved SH2 remake. Really wanted to love these newest two but they just didnt hit for me. Still finished them, but would probably never replay.