Taylor Swift marks one-year anniversary of The Life of a Showgirl
Pic 1: Anne Hathaway on last night’s Jimmy Fallon show. Pic 2: Taylor in the Look What You Made Me Do music video Pic 3: A tweet from April I just found comparing Mother Mary to The Life of a Showgirl and Reputation
The necklace is sending me wtf
The look what you made me do throne necklace?! 🫣
she’s always sus to me especially the fact she shares a name w shakespeare’s wife
don’t make me remind yall that annie was seen wearing the tily sveas necklace that taylor loves in the devil wears prada sequel annie knows all the secretsss
And the NEXT DAY we get Taylor in Burberry. TSS last worn in April 2019 UK Elle (on the alt cover w pink lips to the Yellow JW Anderson) but previously seen in LWYMMD ft dykes on bikes months after Lily’s Mert and Markus photo shoot
Taylor Swift poses with her Official Charts trophies for "Patient Zero" and 'The Life of a Showgirl.'
this is how we raging bisexuals married to men dress. we love collared shirts and pleated pants. it’s sick.
The fuck ass filter returns again, I've missed it 😭
UK charts awards look so ugly, I bet she keeps these in, like, the basement of an outbuilding or something.
Y'all need to read this rolling Stones article from 3/5/2009 (Today is 3/5/21 on the tntl) www.rollingstone.com/music/music-... I didn't mean to screenshot almost *everything* 🤭🤭but there's lots of call backs to so many recent gaylor discussion topics
This whole thing made me so sad. The way the author of the article spoke about her is gross. The way they kept praising her parents while also noting that Taylor seems scared of her father and also her father’s misogyny??
Damn thank you for finding this. The way they talk about her is really grossing me out, like her “sex kitten stage presence”?? She really was going through it already. I hate sc*tt swift here as much as i ever have. But crazy to hear her talk about how her famous love songs are more philosophical
every time i read about faith hill i think about how she was in stepford wives. nicole kidman’s character (high powered badass exec joanna) seems like a blueprint for ATW short film
her rolling stone articles are the best ones, but I totally forgot about this one omg!! also if she were to ever do a coming out cover (not inclined to think so but you never know) I know without a doubt it would be ~what if I roll the stone away~
yup i did a video on it ages ago but it also ties to that podcast where they tried to make a joke about Taylor being in Little Miss sunshine if you read this article, I think they were trying to get people to make the connection… the parts with her father show the truth bsky.app/profile/madn...
Well, this is a horrifying time capsule 😔
straight from the horse’s mouth!
Yes yes yes very much this!!! These early interviews reveal SO MUCH that sheds light on how Taylor has directed her career. And Rolling Stone’s coverage of Taylor has always been very thorough and informative
Calling her a control freak in the subheading is so rude "TIM MCGRAW IS GIMMICKY," I'm already gonna lose it. "A kind and friendly stockbroker," feels like a weird thing to say "Goodiest goody-goody in the nation," rude Don't like the part about "her eyes darting around like a cornered cat,"
Ok hot take in public here goes - the "having parasocial relationships about YouTube video essayists" community is way more socially maladjusted and annoying than any other celebrity worship subcult. You should all get really into Taylor Swift like normal people
in the Church we have saints for this & they’ve been dead for years which makes the discourse both simpler & more productive
I can understand bonding with a celebrity who you see on screen who does wonderful emotional acting performances or makes music that reflects your own identity or makes amazing books etc. But you do NOT need to be doing this for anybody whose job is to talk at you about ludonarrative dissonance
treating criticism as distinct from art is a non-starter for me, and all the parasocial crap is aggravating I don't care what the medium is.