Control Resonant, players call it a Game of the Year contender
I want to be really clear here that Infamous has *way* more going on than Control Resonant. So did Prototype! Infamous had a wider variety of powers integrated into the core shooting kit (and split along morality), and Prototype had extensive combo chains and extra abilities!
The prototype game for the 360 unironically had more going on with a single weapon than Control Resonant does across its entire moveset. AND THATS FINE! There's nothing wrong with enjoying it! It's just simpler in a way that I find personally dull. That's it! Every time I say that people try and -
people usually have their "mister streamer why u didn t like my gaem it is bery güd" moment for either more mainstream AAA games or more laser focused niche indie games i thought remedy games would avoid it by being in between those two zones
Unrelated but i would kill for a good high quality port of infamous 1 and 2 on steam. Especially if they can bring back 2's nonsense community created missions mode.
Ya know me and the babe were just discussing about infamous and how its actually a ton of fun and not alota people kinda remember it. Glad to be proven wrong because man its nice to see all this infamous talk now!
Also, and I don't know if you'd call this entirely germane to the conversation, but Infamous and Prototype's maps are way more fun to traverse than Resonant's. Like, in addition to combat being really bare, getting from one encounter to the next also sucks.
I preordered Control Resonant, and I'm sad that I haven't enjoyed it, but I got to the first boss in my first session, failed twice, put the controller down and haven't picked it back up since. I just do not have the time or energy in my life to "git gud" at video games.
Like, I'm working ~45 hours a week at my day job, preparing for a detail, studying for my Advanced EMT class, doing 12-hour clinical shifts in the ER... I just do not anymore want the stress of a game that demands a high level of twitch skill and pattern matching and enemy learning.
*looks over at expensive computer parts I purchased to upgrade my PC because it was struggling mightily with Control Resonant* This is a good investment.
I think it does become a more common thing as you get older, having to relearn mechanics your brain kinda goes feck this. Happened to me in the last proper new assassins creed game, I was like ugh hours of building up again! Ok back to the division 2, I have already learned your spreadsheets!
A few sites I follow for coverage felt the same way about some of the early combat and encounters. Apparently there was a recent patch that increased the basic damage output of the character to feel more in line with what folks were hoping for or expecting. Not saying you owe it more time obvi tho.
Same same same same! Control Resonant does ship with god mode, hidden in the accessibility options, I'm considering that.
I bounced immediately off Elden Ring and never went back for the same reason. I'm sure it's terrific, but the investment of time required? I'll leave it to GenZ
"haha what do they mean control resonant gets real good halfway in, i'm loving this game al-- HOLY SHIT."
actually had one of those "just 15 more minutes" moments. just non-stop jaw droppers. incredible, incredible game, and I've still got a ways to go.
Rrrr fine I'll get it. I've been dragging my feet on it besides
Ok now yall are hyping me up about this game. I thought the original was amazing imo despite its flaws
lots of crazy shit, it don't stop