Cronos of Venom dies at 63
This one hit me hard, man. Without Cronos and Venom, my entire existence would be so much different (and so much worse). If there are any music pubs out there that want to commission an impassioned obituary for one of the most important heavy metal musicians of all time, hit my line. Venom forever
I’m going to write about it anyway (it’s almost time to relaunch my metal newsletter, after all) but it does feel pretty bad that music media is at a point where I genuinely do not know where to pitch a story on an absolute icon like this
I didn't know he'd died... Been a huge Venom fan since the 80s. RIP Cronos 😢
Horrible to hear this. Spending the weekend going to metal bars around NY. In League With Satan shall be played in every one
www.loudersound.com/news/venom-f... Fucking hell, two influential long-haired Geordies in one week? R.I.P. Cronos
Never thought about the "presenting as the most evil person alive while being hilarious and goofy" shared between those two perhaps having a regional origin. Or the "showing everyone else how it is done while being like 'aw, it's nothing'" about it
Someone keep an eye on Ginger Wildheart!
Newcastle having a time of it this week...RIP.
I was never very familiar with Venom, but I always pop hearing Beastie Boys give Newcastle a shout out in 'Dedication' and adding 'Where Venom come from'. Sad news regardless.
"Long-haired" at least Shearer's safe.
Rest well Cronos – true extreme music pioneer, he was a smart, engaging geezer and great story teller to boot. RIP Conrad Lant. (I've put a couple of links in the usual place.)
Godspeed, Cronos. (Satanspeed, Cronos?) Your contribution will not be forgotten. 🤘⚡️🧙♂️
One of the proudest things on my CV from my former life is working on a Venom release. A terrible week for Geordies who were more famous out of Newcastle than in the Toon.
My favourite story is when my friend was trying to sell a moderately rare bass guitar on Facebook, Cronos posted a comment saying it was shite RIP