Newcastle United unveil new club crest
Every crest has a story. Ours is forged by our city’s history, fuelled by our ambition, and drives us into our future. We are proud to introduce the new club crest chosen by our supporters to represent Newcastle United.
Our new crest is the culmination of more than two years of comprehensive consultation, including supporter events, focus groups, workshops and surveys. Read more about the process and journey: www.newcastleunited.com/en/news/intr...
It's cleaner, has clear links to the prev crest and the Club's history and is simpler to reproduce. There is literally nothing to whinge about here.
All that hyping for the new crest was terrible marketing if it was basically going to be the same kit with only minor changes.
There’s always going to be nay sayers. As a graphic designer (and Liverpool fan), I think this is great work…
At either end of the ribbon it should have 1892
Can't say I'm bothered about the crest. But by Christ I love wor city, wor culture, wor history and wor club #NUFC
#NUFC Badge is meh, not much difference but I love the video
It’s nice, it’s basically the same as it was just with the detail flattened out and the club is happy that it’s going to be easier for them to market etc. no complaints here
Honestly, if that hadn't told anyone they were changing the crest would anyone have noticed? #NUFC
Decent video this time. I Guess this is now the alternate version that will get used on Originals Adidas kits. Actually don't mind the Chess piece as a short hand for #nufc. Whatever my own thoughts about the need for this, I appreciate that Hopkinson is actually making & not punting decisions
The video did go a bit weird with the chess piece (good term) and it ended up being a bit Windows 98. Still unclear why a change was even needed.
This is ultimately what they wanted, right? A simple element they could pull out to easily reproduce on merchandise, like the Man Utd devil and the liver bird
Newcastle have revealed their new club crest after two years of consultation with fans and other groups. Upper logo: NEW version. Lower logo: OLD version.
Consultant: ‘That will be £650,000 please’.
The new version is embroidered and the old version was a heat transfer. It took two years to come up with that? Not much of an update. Actually, I dont care, they're shiite anyway.
when are they adding the Saudi flag to it?
This will catch a lot of heat but honestly, I'm a fan. It's a modern update that respects the integrity of the OG brand. Too many clubs make such dramatic changes when the traditional logos have so much value and history within them. That being said, fuck Newcastle.
A kid on work experience could have done this, I bet the advertising agency charged them thousands... #lfc
Further proof that consultants are the biggest grifters around. And/or Newcastle fans need to get their eyes checked more often. 🤦🏻♂️😂
The #NUFC slight of hand of hardly changing the crest at all and getting shrugs all round (while quietly introducing an entirely new badge) is actually fiendishly impressive.
Yeah, they just tossing it in for fun like dont take it serious honest just a little after thought This time next year it will be on all merchandise
The creative director guy said at the focus group thing that they would be leaning heavily on the castle as our main symbol.
As I care about you both deeply in some weird sense - to let you know it's a 'lone' magpie and a 'sleight' of hand. Ironically sleight comes from an Old Norse word slaegal meaning deception- and loan is also old norse - but lone is actually middle English meaning 'all one' - then alone. Mental. 😘
Castle thing gonna be everywhere eh? Guess it's better than a loan magpie as far as portents go? #nufc
The #NUFC slight of hand of hardly changing the crest at all and getting shrugs all round (while quietly introducing an entirely new badge) is actually fiendishly impressive.
Don’t mind the castle the more I look at it, but I love the old circular mag badge.
It is a new Castle
wait, all this time we only had the Magpie on loan? damn
Confirmation that it looks shite when blown up to use on a hoodie.
The drinks cup looked familiar