Bird of the Day, theme 'Best Of The Month'
Today's #BirdoftheDay theme #BestOfTheMonth. I've already posted a few images of this stunning tricolored heron. But I like this one too. And besides, I only got out once to photograph birds this month. #photography #wildlife #ECK #birds #Birdsky #birders #herons #conservation #nature #biodiversity
Brilliant capture, Michael. Thx for sharing 🙏
I've seen them do this before - I think it is to create shade, so they can see their prey easier (without the light reflecting on the water-surface) - great to have captured this behaviour, so beautifully! 🩶
That wing position is incredible, and the light catching the underside feathers makes the whole shot. Worth getting out for, even just once this month.
Oh... un petit danseur d'opéra 😀
Your photos are a big part of the best of Bluesky.
Love the colors, textures and sharp details, Michael! Awesome shot!
A great egret fishing in the marsh during a mist filled morning in the marsh. For the #birdoftheday theme of #bestofthemonth #birds #egret #heron #protectnature #EastCoastKin
Oh so lovely! Your composition is wonderful. The reflection is just so clear. And overall there is a dreamy sense to the photo. Absolutely splendid. 👌🏼🫧✨
Beautiful shot and gorgeous light, Amy. ✨️
Your reflection is amazing. 🤩
Really gorgeous! I can see why you chose it for Best of the Month.
Beautiful soft light. Such a peaceful image.
Oh goodness that’s a stunning image. So peaceful! 😍😍😍
For #BirdOfTheDay #BestOfTheMonth, my first time getting a photo of a Belted Kingfisher. I had previously only seen them a mile away, so I was thrilled when this guy landed closer.
Bravo, Lori! I attempted a couple today, but they were sooo far 😒
Beautiful. They are so fast, great catch!
Great shot, Lori! In my experience, they fly away as soon as I get within about 300 yards. They never cooperate. 😂
Congrats! They are a tough (wary and speedy) subject.
Congrats! It's a beautiful picture.
Ah so adorable - especially the hair🌞
🪶 Rob has chosen #BestOfTheMonth as #BirdOfTheDay theme; you best shot for September - Quiet month for me; this encounter with a Juvenile Sparrowhawk was definitely the highlight #birdphotography #ECK #birds #photography #birdsofbluesky #Raptor #BirdOfPrey #Hawk
Great shot, AB... always incredible to see a Sparrowhawk! 👌
Good morning AB what a gorgeous photo and wonderful encounter for you ✨️
That glare! Great shot, AB.
It looks very focused , on you ?? 🤣
Oh yes! That must have been special. Great photo, AB. 👍🏼
I like that bird's expression.