NYT: Meta used AI data centers to claim billions in R&E tax credits
NEW: Meta found a way to turn massive data centers into “pilot models” and cash in on a 1980s tax credit. The result? Meta avoided nearly $4 billion in taxes last year alone. Gift link. 👇 www.nytimes.com/2026/09/30/t...
Zuckerberg should be in prison, the fucker
We ARE sick of corporate tax loopholes. Imagine what could be done with $4 billions in taxes.
This dipshit burned through 85 billions trying to make a trailer park Sim City he would have been better off paying his taxes for the goodwill.
Close the tax loopholes for these fuckers.
The greed. The greed. 🤬
No wonder our country is a wreck.
Four-byline alert: “.. Meta claimed that $4.1 billion of stock options exercised by Mr. Zuckerberg counted as a research expense ..” @nytimes.com $META www.nytimes.com/2026/09/30/t...
The rich keep leveraging the tech they built to get richer at the expense of everyone else
"Of course it does, as I was researching exactly how much I could run thru such a tax scheme without getting caught" - Zuckerberg
I’m sure JD’s fraud squad will be all over this. 🙄
Meh... Zuck can just swing by the Oval and drop off a few trinkets, and all of these concerns will be swept away
If only we had a functioning IRS…
Hypothesis consistent with the facts: They are building AI data centers in order to avoid paying taxes. Shorter: The whole AI bubble is a tax evasion tactic. (Tax avoidance is legal, evasion is a crime. But not prosecuted by the Trump regime.)
See what I mean when I say the system is rigged?
Andreessen & Horowitz's a16z funded firms are mostly just fraud shops--crypto scams, social media bots designed to scam humans, new types of gambling. Good to see Meta trying to compete in this area.
Triple penalties. And felony tax crime prosecutions for those in the approval chain.
It is called tax fraud, ffs.
Thinking about that quote that goes "Every four years some fresh buisness school graduates reinvent tax fraud from first principles"
Hey, Babe, a new way to crime just dropped!
If only there were regulations and oversight.😒 Those were sold off to keep krasnov outta prison.
The next administration needs to automatically take a billion dollars from every fucking Ultra Rich Assholes & put it towards to the debt.
We are not poor as a nation. The wealthy skip out on even owing money, let alone paying anything.
If only we hadn't gutted the enforcement division of the IRS
If you didn't already hate Meta, Mark Zuckerburg, and data centers, Meta is using the latter to cheat on their taxes. www.nytimes.com/2026/09/30/t...
Tax the stock exchange. Level playing field. Pay-to-play. Nowhere to hide. No accounting mirror games. Tax revenue, not profits. Billionaires are cheating parasites.
Imagine having the biggest sweetheart deal of all time & STILL being unhappy that you have to pay a pittance in taxes…
I cut them off officially earlier this month. I have no social media with them now. I got sick of the constant AI push and influencers taking over even my business account.
Let me draw you a line from Facebook, illegal enrichment and the collapse of journalism. The cost of data centers is my wheelhouse, and I also worked in ad tech, the industry that used to pay for online journalism. I know the week that online journalism started to collapse
AI data centers are a great way for rich fucks to not pay taxes.
Mark Zuckerburg owes us all money 🖕
Meta is using a radical interpretation of a tax credit for “research and experimentation” to get billions of dollars off GPUs for its A.I. data centers. My latest with Jesse Drucker, @elitan.bsky.social and @mikeisaac.bsky.social www.nytimes.com/2026/09/30/t...
What this looks like in SEC filings. Companies love the research tax credit -- it's the second biggest corporate tax break in America -- but Meta really loves it.
I'm impressed by how much you interacted with readers in the article's comment section.
The adage “follow the money” is timeless…
JUST IN: Meta is using AI data centers to claim research tax credits, according to the NYT. Its total research credits reached almost $4,000,000,000 in 2025 alone.
It also counted Mark Zuckerberg’s $4.1 billion compensation as research spending to claim a $355 million tax break. Apparently when you’re worth $2 trillion, a data center is a science experiment and your CEO’s $4 billion payday is research.
They really want to kill us