Prime Video nears green light on live-action 'Clone Saga' series
Live-action ‘Clone Saga’ TV series is in the works 🕷️ • Based on the Spider-Man comics • Reportedly follows Ben Reilly and Kaine Parker as they grapple with their newly discovered identities as clones while also facing other clones (via Deadline)
There also may be significant changes to the source material 🔗 deadline.com/2026/09/spid...
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice… can’t be fooled again!̶
Sweet. It'll be one season and be cancelled. Doesn't matter the viewership or anything as the series outright will cost too much.
Why couldn't it be animated
.... why though? Everyone hates the clone saga.
Just In: Clone Saga TV series cancelled after one season
Listen, if this can somehow lead to a new Kaine book and them finally fixing Ben Reilly in the comics, then I'm in.
You stay away from Jessica, Sony, you sick son of a bitch.
BEN REILLY CONTENT, LET'S GO!
So Tom Holland pulling a Tatiana Maslany in Orphan Black??
... The Ultimate Spider-man Clone Saga was right there...
alright, spider-noir had a wink and nod moment where they could allude to that guy's protagonist as peter parker so what the fuck are they going to do here LMFAO "they discover they are clones" clones of who. what is the superhero. what is his civilian identity. can you tell us, sony.
Why do we keep revisiting this dogshit story line let it dieeeeeee
Why the fuck is Sony so bad at this holy shit
I don't read comic books, that's the one where Peter Parker has a clone named Ben Reilly who has a clone named Peter Parker who has a clone named Ben Reilly who has a clone named Peter Parker right
Objectively A Clone Saga adaptation where you can't use *Peter Parker* is impossibly funny
gonna be like the defenders when they couldn't say the avengers names just refer to them obliquely
“Part of the cloning process means my face actually looks different than Peter Parker, like a much less expensive actor who is not busy making movies”
Zoe, I don't think you understand. That's TWO PETER PARKERS. That's what clones are. Clearly this is a bulletproof plan.
Like how the hell does that work?
Sony really not learning their lesson are they?
Amazon has the not quite LORD OF THE RINGS and not quite SPIDER-MAN markets cornered!
I guess the Clone Saga was pretty good, after all. deadline.com/2026/09/spid...
I mean, they just keep copying it [DUCKS, RUNS AWAY]
It's the storyline that got me hooked on comics as a teen. So I agree. 🙌
They start out ordering a season as a fun summer story arc… next thing you know it’s three years later and it’s still going, even after the original creative team has moved on to other projects 😏😬
I was legitimately considering naming my child after Ben and had my wife on board with it, as a Spider-Man reference that only I would get, so I mean, I have my thoughts.
I hope that if this is successful, we get a Spider-Bros comic in 616 proper.
It was! Lots of cool, daring, heartbreaking stuff in those stories.
If you've never read the insane oral history of the Clone Saga, The Life of Reilly, you REALLY should. lifeofreillyarchives.blogspot.com/2008/03/intr...
One of the most genuinely informative "business books" (except it isn't a book) I've read - a classic example of creative project bloat and drift, nobody able to execute a plan or stick to a choice, except you could see the results on a monthly basis in real time
I read this at least five times before I ever read the comics. It's an incredible and candid look behind the scenes of one of the biggest comics debacles of the 90s. If you want to REALLY see all the pressures that affect creative works, read this. You'll come away with new respect for the process
Sorry but "Clone Saga TV series that can't actually use Spider-Man" absolutely has to happen just so I can see how bad and pointless they can make it.
If it takes place within Sony's Spider-Man-less Spider-Man-verse then they should recast Kraven with whoever is the cheap-enough-for-TV version of Aaron Taylor Johnson just so they can revisit the fact that Kraven's biggest fear is spiders.
Is there talk of one?
Kaine's costume has already leaked.
I told you Sony would do the Spider-Clones sooner than later deadline.com/2026/09/spid...
I don't mind it in a show I can take or leave, just glad it didn't become a part of the last movie.
Boy is that bad optics. "Here's the literal inferior clone of something popular that we don't own!"
My memory is that Clone Saga was the opposite of popular and let everyone down.
1) The series hasn’t actually been greenlit. 2) It’s would be a Sony Spider-Verse thing, so no Peter and just Ben & Kaine…which kind of misses the whole point. 3) God is real and he HATES me. 4) Listen to The Clone Conspiracy (my Clone Saga podcast) wherever you get your podcasts from.
why cant sony stuff have, like, regular spidey? is that actually how it works?? because my god, that is dumb. it would explain why we didn't get a "venom 3: amazing spider-man 3" movie after the success of The Three Spider-Mans...
Ooo a clone saga podcast? Thats interesting. Ill give it a listen. Thanks!
This is kinda smart though. Kaine and Ben are pretty beloved and the Clone Saga is pretty hated so you can change a lot without much complaint.
If they give Kaine the characterization in Yost's run, I'll be down for it.
Hopefully it's a No Way Home situation where they take a bad story (good for you if you like the Clone Saga) and make a better adaptation of it.
be hilarious if they had Ben become Chasm and be the villain of the piece. ben fans truly live a life of misery and pain
the thing about the clone saga is that there is no story there. it was thrilling waiting for them to come up with one as it was happening, but then they never did. For years! deadline.com/2026/09/spid...
The story mentions this but this is probably another way to have a spider man show without spider man. I buy that Ben and Kaine won’t be clones here, clones make no sense when the spider-verse exists. Anyway whatever they come up with it won’t be like the comic. Thank god honestly
When the Fox Kids show dunks on you almost immediately, you know it's bad. This episode aired in 1998.
Was just saying this earlier. Most of what you'd want to say or accomplish with the Clone Saga is better told through Kraven's Last Hunt, Superior Spider-Man, or introducing Miles.