Bird of the Day, theme 'Bokeh Birds'
An Anna’s hummingbird for the #BokehBirds theme of #BirdOfTheDay Water drops left by a recent rain shower are creating striking white bokeh balls. #birds #nature #photography #ECK #bokeh #hummingbird
Thats really nice. The blur allows the complimentary color while not taking attention away from the subject.
Nice take on the theme.
all those dreamy sparkle balls for a bird that is, by weight, the angriest thing in the sky
Beautiful photo, Gerrit and theme perfect! Thank you! It is wonderful how the colour of the flowers compliments and harmonises with the hummingbird! 👏✨
My Anna's are warrior birds. I have to space the feeders around the yard so that no bird can see another feeder from the feeder they are guarding. Still, they fight.
Such a perfect shot! Composition is excellent (and I know that's not always easy with wildlife). Plus the colors echoed from bird to background.
Kevin the Kingfisher #Bokeh #BirdOfTheDay #birdphotography #ECK #birds #photography #birdsofbluesky
Kevin is quite dashing and his posing is excellent within your frame! 💙
I'm pretty sure that's Bart. But a pretty bird regardless!
What delicate lil feather designs 😍
That is a great photo!
I love kingfishers. I used to walk 3 miles next to a river many days a week listening for them and watching them.
Today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is #BokehBirds. A male Ruby-throated Hummingbird on the #BrucePeninsula, Ontario with a background of out of focus cedar trees. Manual focus with a telephoto from the 1980s. #BruceCounty #ECK #photography #birds #nature #wildlife #TenMinutesFromHome #BackyardPhotography
This made me laugh. I live in Tokyo, and once lived next to a high school. We used to laugh at how spacey the boys were, often walking into things as their minds were occupied with video games or Pokemon cards. We called them "bokeh boys."
So small, yet possessing so much courage and kindness😊 miracle🌷🌞
I had a female ruby hummingbird at my feeder yesterday September 27th during the Nor'easter storm, I hope she moves south soon. In the past, they would leave Connecticut at the end of August, not sure if this is seen elsewhere?
Absolutely the most flawless capture Dave, WOW 🤩 💚👍🏼
Much better than my cell phone picture of this female!
From @helenbennett.bsky.social, today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is #BokehBirds - any bird captured with a soft, muted or blurry background. Can't help but share a recent favourite of this puffin captured on the Isle of Staffa. #birds
Such a beautiful capture, Tim... the bokeh background is perfect and really compliments the puffin! 👌✨
Very beautiful, thank you for sharing.
Awesome. What a great composition.
This is utterly stunning - I never bore of seeing it on my feed :) Puffin perfection