Wrestler Benjamin Satterley, known as Pac, dies aged 40
This evening AEW put out a press release announcing the extremely sudden death of wrestler Benjamin “Pac” Satterley, who was on last night’s PPV in top form; many of the cast learned of his death while at Andy’s memorial service.
There is no need for memento mori when you're a wrestling fan. Absolutely mired in death. I'm so tired.
Also today folks found out about the passing of the “Sign Guy” Rick Achberger. Not an in-ring performer, but a pretty major guy in fan culture for the better part of twenty years.
That's awful. It's a line of work with shocking numbers of early deaths.
the match that I think cemented me as a hardcore fan was going to see a WWE house show as a child which opened with Adrian Neville vs Sami Zayn, this one really hurts.
A gifted wrestler from England, Benjamin Satterley, known as Pac in AEW and Neville in WWE, died less than 24 hours after wrestling his last match.
He didn't just wrestle last night, but was heavily involved in the main event. Nothing looked off with him. What the hell happened?!
Only saw now and my brain still hasn't accepted it yet. And he was only 40? I was a huge fan of PAC all the way back to when the youtuber "suicidal dragon" uploaded best move comps and I was blown away by him,later learnt he was super nice irl so he became one of my forever favs. rip PAC