London bankers and lawyers earn over £1bn in takeover fees
London investment bankers, lawyers, accountants make £1.2bn from takeover frenzy. Everything for sale in slicing/dicing, asset stripping bazaars. Anyone focused on the long term? UK has been at/near the bottom of the OECD league for investment in productive assets for 30 yrs.
This country has suffered from short-term profit taking for decades. Profits, Exec. pay and shareholder returns are much more important than the future. The consequences of under investment are seen everywhere.
There are few areas of life where lawyers, accountants, and more recently, regulators, haven't ruined. Lawyers and accountants should be barred from running companies. They can hold positions within their sphere of knowledge but that's it.
Good Morning Scotland - Margaret Thatcher's made her own version of Frankenstein and the monster continues to devour society. Her acolytes luxuriate in their hot tubs overflowing with greed and selfishness. Fed on our nation's resources. Fat and poison ugly. Is it too late to SOS?
It's what happes when you put a shopkeepers daughter in charge and she only knows how to sell* things... * Every day was SALE day for her and her chums in the city.
These investment bankers trashed the economy in the 2008 crash and now they are back to their old games whilst the rest of us are staring down the barrels of a cost of living crisis and a massive climate change crisis. www.theguardian.com/business/202...
Who better to lead us into more uncertainty than the pro Israel labour party. Israel own the UK government
The greed is obscene. Why are the bail outs always one way? Time this lucrative sectors paid back to society.
I lost everything in 2008, and I was never able to recover. I will retire soon, but I am currently making 50% of the money I made 18 years ago. Vote Blue, and Tax the rich!