Whistleblower says Driscoll’s shipped millions of berries to Canada with excess chemicals
California company accused of shipping pesticide laden berries to Canada. We can't trust American product we should be able to trust that our government has adequate numbers of inspectors in place to protect us. www.cbc.ca/news/canada/...
With guardrails being eliminated in the USA, we can no longer trust any product coming from them. That should apply also to pet food. Buy Canadian owned/ Canadian made ONLY.
I don't trust Driscoll's here in WA state. I try to buy local berries, or just don't get them.
Agreed, but situations like this are going to get worse given government cuts. Example of why a neoliberal approach to U.S. aggression is fundamentally flawed (THREAD): bsky.app/profile/sust... Again, we're headed in the wrong policy direction, deregulating pesticides to the point of HURTING trade.
At this point; under this current 🇺🇸 Admin, nothing should be trusted. Least of all food. 😒😖✌🏻
We know US produce & meat is suspect & every single package of berries or head of lettuce or pound of ground beef can’t be inspected here in Canada. The only solution is for Canadians to leave it on the shelves & for our grocery retailers get the message & stop selling toxic US food.
We need our federal government to protect us more from unscrupulous Canadian food importers.
Loosing my mind because Driscoll's is one of the only berry companies in the US not affected by the diarrhea microbe
OMG, I have eaten these! Please share.
@governor.ca.gov And you wonder why we don’t want to buy your produce…
I haven't bought anything from Driscolls in years.
Driscolls strawberries are readily available at Superstores in Alberta. Not a Canadian strawberry in sight.
People should be boycotting Driscoll anyway because of how they abuse farm workers. @ufw.bsky.social
I’m not a bit surprised — I never buy these anyway. #BoycottUSA
Canadians, beware of berries from this American company! 🇨🇦 #Cdnpoli
@andyburnham.bsky.social did you find any common ground with Trump? Details please
This is one area, the Canada Food Inspection Agency, where it was irresponsible to make cuts, and PM Carney needs to remedy it. I'm surprised we didn't have a deluge of bagged diarrhea lettuce from the US.
Whistleblower alleges millions of #Driscoll’s berries sent to #Canada with excess chemical levels from #California and the client tried to cover it up Lawsuit claims about 50% of shipments from 2022-24 had fruit exceeding Canadian safety levels www.cbc.ca/news/canada/...
Just yet another reason to be boycotting US produce: it is not safe to eat.
I stopped eating Driscolls berries 2 years ago. I trust nothing coming out of the states right now.
All Driscoll’s berries are basically differently shaped water anyway
Not only is the transparent plastic clamshell in which they are contained safer to eat than the berries within, it's got more flavour and better texture, too.
Not a surprise. No one in Canada needs yet another reason to avoid USA products/produce.
3 important facts here: -sent to Canada, means they are not Canadian (in fact American) -excess chemical levels -this wasn't done accidentally 🙁
This is a health and safety issue - from excess chemicals to infectious produce - we need warnings that produce may be from 🇺🇸 where they have gutted regulations and inspections. Vulnerable Canadians - elderly or disabled - order online with NO labeling. Like this below: #HealthCanada #Canada
Joke’s on them. I already have cancer. Sorry suckas!
There's an "edibility scale" of imported American foodstuffs: it terminates in disease-bearing bagged salads and, at the opposite end, in carcinogenic pesticide-sprayed fruit and berries. If you must eat produce from USA, consider items from the middle of the continuum. Like a ten-pin bowling ball.
Boycott Driscolls. Even in summer when *some* of their berries are grown in Canada. They are a terrible company. #BuyCanadian
The reasons for NOT buying US products are pilling up ! #BuyCanadians #ByeUSABuyCanadian #ButFromAnywhereElseThanUSA
He believes the potentially tainted berries crossed the border because in 2022, Driscoll’s removed the food safety and compliance tracking system it had for Canada in order to sell more here. I don’t buy US produce but I’m not ever touching a Driscoll berry again . www.cbc.ca/news/canada/...
I’ve been buying the ones from Mexico and saw something about those having forever chemicals too. Why is CFIA letting them in at all?
Yup....Driscoll's is a hard no for us too. And we don't buy anything from the U.S. if possible. We check each label.
I have never eaten that brand. I am not surprised at all that they sent tained food across the border!!
Completely misleading comment. The inspections in question are 2022-2024 PM Carney was not in power to make these false claims of cuts. During this period CFIA did inspect the berries & tests showed not high enough for recall. Really STOP buying #Driscoll they're NOT Canadian #cdnpoli
We sometimes say that our southern neighbours lack reading/comprehension skills, but it seems there are many Canadians that have been afflicted with the same problem. Honestly, some Canadians should spend more time reading instead.
And the guy blocks me for pointing out that he missed the focus of this article. Oh well.
If they want to export food to Canada it should meet our standards before it hits the border.