Silent Hill: Townfall players praise the soundtrack and opening hours
Playing Silent Hill: Townfall as authentically as possible That is, on the 2.2" screen of a 90s pocket TV that I'm broadcasting to wirelessly 📡📺
If you're curious about how this works, it's basically broadcasting a very short range TV channel PC to HDMI/AV converter AV to RF modulator Modulator to signal booster Booster to aerial TV tuned to channel 69 SCIENCE!
Show us the hand held tv being used on the handheld tv!!
I remember this episode of Corry
BUT DOES IT PLAY DOOM!?!?! Haha
Honestly love how it looks on that
As long as you don't listen to any static 😂
Once again Alpha Crome is here showing us how we are just ignoring the joys of older tech.
truly sickening behaviour that gets my full endorsement.
"Yeah, they're putting you on the 90s pocket TV, bro. They're wirelessly sending you to a 2.2" screen. Yeah, we already asked him to stop last time but that just made him get even weirder. Just do your best, ok bro?"
shit i spent a bit of time in late 80s and early 90s skye before the bridge went up, definite Silent Hill vibes, i could tell you some tales
Reminds me of when our household TV broke as a kid and my folks had to take back my 13" color TV until we could get another TV. We also had a "portable" 5" black and white TV that I hooked up my NES to with the RF cable and played Super Mario Bros. on. It was pretty cool to see tiny Mario. 😁
Was looking at the Silent Hill Townfall concept art and my jaw dropped. Was back in my hometown tonight so I had to go and take a photo. There are many ways to mock my beloved Coatbridge, but “your home’s so miserable it was used as concept art for a Silent Hill game” is a new one for me
There's a LOT of towns like that. I've been through parts of Aldershot, Farnham and Guildford that are bang-on the same architectural style. Very pre-fab 80's.
I think that's some cool architecture to be fair.
You mentioned the pod but that is MAD
max payne 3 foi assim pra mim
Shouts to whichever Silent Hill: Townfall dev used a blue screen of death as an interesting moody light source in this office area.
Devs getting imaginative with lighting is one of my favourite things in games.
Every bit of environment art I've seen in this game has shown so much care and attention to detail, I love it
Now imagine it was baby blue with a ":(" on there instead.
The more you post about this game the more I want to play it!
Ohh nice, that looks fantastic.
The fog has receded to reveal Silent Hill: Townfall as of yesterday, but also in the mists today: The 25th anniversary of the release of Silent Hill 2. Still an amazing experience in its original PS2 form. Happy birthday, SH2. 💜
that copy probably wouldve putten you in debt lol 😭 considering most sh2 or sh3 copies are really expensive nowadays
And Theme of Laura is still an all time iconic track, on a soundtrack full of iconic tracks like Promise (Reprise)
I still have my og special edition copy too!
Skimming through this, Townfall appears to be the first Silent Hill project with no direct ties to the town in any way. The only possible connection is cut content from Silent Hill Short Message about Covid 19s death rate and the expansion of the Order causing Silent Hills worldwide.
Honestly it's possible that's what PT/Silent Hills was going to be about, and it's similarly possible that Townfall was started before the the storyline with The Order escaping the town via the internet became cut content.
"Causing Silent Hills worldwide" sounds like "A Silent Hill opening at the Parksquare Mall SOON!" signs in every town.
It’s my birthday! What better way to start the day than playing a new Silent Hill game?!
Only a few minutes in and St. Amelia already feels like at least five small towns me or my family have lived in at some point in my life. I can practically smell the vinegar-soaked chippy shops.
Happy Birthday! I'm playing Control Resonant but excited to check out the new silent hill too.
Jolly and joyful jubilations on your birthday, Jon.
Hope you have a good birthdayy!
Happy Birthday!!!! That's an insane picture. Really good.
happy birthday! hope you enjoy Silent Fife
Was thoroughly enjoying Silent Hill Townfall but after 4 crashes in a row during one play session, I sadly have to shelve it and wait for a patch. What a state of games nowadays, this is for a copy that was bought and not given btw. Hard to say if I recommend it now if it doesn't work
The fix it later mentality has really ruined a lot of current games development.
part of me loves that devs can patch and expand their games so easily after release, there are examples of that being a very good thing (Crimson Desert), but i hate that it means games can be released before they're functional for extra sales, and note that it's usually the big studios doing that
I used to like Silent Hill then it went rather downhill with and after 4. Was excited when Kojima said he was going to make one, then Konami fucked him. So that left me with bad vibes. I am however, looking forward to his "OD" game so he finally gets to make his own horror game.
See through it. Know what it wants. SILENT HILL: Townfall is out now on PlayStation 5, Steam, and Epic Games Store.
Man this shot straight through my advertising defenses and shook loose a memory of cutting horror game ads out of magazines to put up on my wall in the 00's. This would've been the holy grail.
It's not often I stop and say 'damn that's a kickass ad' but damn this is a kickass ad.
...Okay, bravo for considering the use of the medium as part of the advertisement itself. That's actually real clever.
It’s been an absolute whirlwind now that Silent Hill: Townfall is OUT! For anybody who knows me well, it has always been a dream of mine to make characters for an horror title one day - and here we are! (continues in comments) #silenthill #townfall #SilentHillTownfall
It was an huge honour for me to contribute to the @konamina.bsky.social 's Silent Hill IP and nonetheless with a stellar team like the one at Screen Burn Interactive. It almost feels like a privilege to ship these days in the industry and I was lucky to get to do it with some incredible people.
Characters look magnificent! Congratulations! 😻
Congrats!!! The game looks BEAUTIFUL
Absolute fukken belter to have a Silent Hill in Fife the characters look amazing, cannae wait tae play it
Congrats, Eugenia! Have it here, hope to dive in soon! 😌❤️
Congrats, it looks amazing!! 😍