Bird of the Day, theme 'Birdstare'
Today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is #TheDivers with the alternative theme #BirdStare. A male Common Kingfisher. Safe to post this as it won't annoy @alan678.bsky.social as he's not around. #Cheshire #ECK #photography #birds #nature #wildlife #Kodachrome #1990s #ManualFocus
What could possibly be annoying about that bird?
If one thing’s gonna bring Alan back, then this is the bait that’s gonna do it 🤣
Stunning bird and beautiful photo 💙
Really nice, Dave, a twofer!
Wonderful photo, Dave. Such a colourful bird. 👌
Let’s celebrate #TheDivers for today's #BirdOfTheDay Share your fab photos of any diving bird... set by @helenbennett.bsky.social ~ captured this beautiful Male Kingfisher at Magor Marsh - Gwent Wildlife Trust - South Wales this week 22/09/26 😍 😍🪶🦉 #birdingwales #ukbirding #ECK
I always love the orange / blue contrast on these birds!
Looks like he's held together with tiny rivets.
Wow, what a gorgeous shot! 😍 That blue is absolutely stunning. 🪶💙
Stunning. Love the detail in those feathers. I only ever get the blue streak and the sound of my own disappointment.
Beautiful, so much color details 😍
Stunning Bird, stunning detail already in the post. i would love to see the original. Would you mind sharing how you do it?
A blue grosbeak wonders what the camera clicking means. For the #birdoftheday theme of #birdstare #birds #grosbeak #protectnature #EastCoastKin
Gm Amy, try creating and selling art for free today on $SOMA 🫵🐼🫶 Unlock this on SOMA: Steam train billy www.soma-enterprise.xyz/share/file/b...
Lovely capture Amy... that is a beautiful bird 💙
Stunning bird and beautiful photo Amy 💙
A wonderful stance from the bird. Perfect photo. 😍
It’s doing its RCA dog pose
@helenbennett.bsky.social says, today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is #TheDivers Quite literally this #kingfisher is diving. I spent ages waiting for it to come off its favourite perch, often for it to dive in the opposite direction! Persistence pays off eventually. #birds #wildlife #eck #canon
Wow, fantastic capture Paul.. your persistence definitely paid off! 👏👏
So awesome! It's like an abstract painting.
Absolutely fantastic! Both the picture and the patience are impressive.
What an amazing shot! I think this should be sold as a framed print
Here's a Brown Pelican diving for fish at King Salmon Beach in Eureka, California. I'll put an aftermath photo in the comments. For the #BirdOfTheDay theme today of #TheDivers, photos of any diving bird, courtesy of @helenbennett.bsky.social. .
It will get a terrible shock if the water is only 6 inches deep!
They have “air bags” in their chests to protect them from the impact.
This looks like a Wile E Coyote cartoon about to happen in real life😂😂😂
Yay for Eureka! I’m in Blue Lake! Fantastic photo, deserves recognition in the Audubon magazine!
Diving little fuzzball from the other side of the pond 🤎 #BirdOfTheDay #TheDivers 📷🌿🪶
Lovely shot, Heather. And I suspect many of us will be posting Grebes of one species or another. I know I did. 😁
This is such a beautiful capture 🥰
Aww, what a little cutie! 🤎 That dive is too adorable.
Always love these guys 😍
Favorite! What a beautiful shot of a special little bird!
A White-breasted nuthatch clinging to a small tree trunk. #birds #birdphotography #photography #nature #wildlife #birding #BirdOfTheDay #TRAHR
Somewhere a Chickadee and a woodpecker fell in love..
That blue is deliriously lovely
Nice angle in the photo!
I've never seen ANY nuthatch with its head up and tail down.
None of my cats have ever👍
their tiny peeps are among my favorite sounds i have ever heard
Helen says BOTD is divers or any bird staring at you. Here is a favorite diver that also gives a stare! ...It appears it wants to tell us something. "HEY! This a PRIVATE beach! Get Lost!" ...ok, maybe not a favorite 😬 #TheDivers #BirdOfTheDay #BirdStare 🪶 #photography #birds
So THAT's why they call it "flipping the bird"! 😂💡
Looks like he is giving us the finger/feather.
Wonderful capture, Slo... perfect for both themes! 👌😊🪶
OMG! Looks like he's flipping you the double bird. So good!
🤣.... Yo! I'm leaving already take it easy...😧
This i beautiful SLO 🖤