Jim Henson remembered on what would have been his 90th birthday
The late great JIM HENSON — born 90yrs ago today— and ‘Dr. Teeth’ on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in 1975.
Diahann Carroll is no slouch either. 1935-2019
Amazing Man true artist brought joy to children and adults.
"I dig that fuzz" Ohhhh myyy! 😁
Met him when I worked for Henson's in London. Lovely man.
yeah but is that dianne carrol
Jim Henson was so talented. In this clip we see a man who was great at improv, while operating a puppet. That takes great skill! I'm assuming Jim Henson didn't prepare something with the Tonight Show writers ahead of time.
I been in the right place But it must have been the wrong time I'd have said the right thing But must have used the wrong line I been on the right trip But I must have used the wrong car Head is in a bad place and I wonder what it's good for
Outstanding stuff - full clip here! www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MiN...
Born September 24, 1936, Jim Henson would have been 90 years old today. Rightly one of the most beloved entertainers of all time.
This was the job I really wanted... to work with Jim Henson. 🥲
I worked with Jim Henson productions twice. Worked with Carol Spinney who was Big Bird and yes I have been in the BB suit! A few years later worked on a TV show called Aliens in The Family. Great people and fun place to work.
The impact he had on us is huge! His characters taught us our ABCs, to be kind, that everyone had worth, to laugh, to love and be proud of who we are. Education wrapped in love for all of us.We all have a favorite muppet (scooter!) Henson was a global treasure whose worth can never be measured
We should all strive to be remembered as fondly as Jim Henson, Fred Rogers and Dolly Parton.
I never want to imagine a world without Muppets.
Jim Henson and the Muppets are American Royalty 💖
I was in Seattle when there was a Jim Henson exhibit at Mopop so I had to go. That shit got me all in my feelings. I still miss the guy and all his wild creations.
Jim Henson September 24, 1936 – May 16, 1990... #JimHenson #Muppet #Muppets #TheMuppets #TheMuppetShow #SesameStreet
HERE'S SOMETHING TO GET YOU UP AND UP
There is currently a Jim Henson Exhibition here in Brisbane, and I've spoken with several grown adults who openly wept when walking through - including me!
Nowadays I'm more like one of the balcony grumps.
Jim Henson September 24, 1936 – May 16, 1990... #JimHenson #Muppet #Muppets #TheMuppets #TheMuppetShow #SesameStreet
One of the best childhood memories 🥰 My Spirit Animal 😄
We remember Jim Henson - puppeteer, animator, actor, musician, filmmaker, and creator of The Muppets - born on this day in 1936.
Without Jim Henson there is likely no Homestar Runner and thus likely no Dropout TV. There would also have never been the small mountain of jokes that I shoveled into WoW with a sense of humor formed by Jim, Frank Oz, Richard Hunt, Jerry Nelson, and Dave Goelz above all others in my life.
What a fucking legend. Just think about how many lives this man’s work has touched and made better. Think about just how weird he was and how that made all his work fun and interesting
The Wilkins coffee ads, as referenced in the fourth photo, are some of the finest surrealistic, slapstick art ever created. I'm dead series. Just stream of consciousness mayhem and child friendly violence. Laugh out loud funny too. And yes, they are just adverts for Wilkins coffee.
So today, honor the memory of the guy who wanted to “make the world a little bit better for my having been here.” Go do something worthwhile today. Create something. Collaborate with others. Read something. Or go be silly simply because you can. Jim Henson would want you to.
Not me crying while walking around Universal Studios. We'd all be better if there were more people like Jim.
Life's like a movie. Write your own ending. Keep believing. Keep pretending. We've done just what we've set out to do. Thanks to the lovers. The dreamers. And you.
I'm crying, you're crying, we're all crying. Hopefully with a project in our hands that we've put down for a moment so we can cry. Or maybe we'll have a good cry and then think about the project we've been working on. It's all creative work, even walking around the block and daydreaming.
Happy birthday to Mr. Henson
In memory of Jim Henson, who would have turned 90 today, help make the world a bit better. Be silly. Be curious. Be kind.
Read up this entire thread. Jim Henson absolutely left the world better than he found it. I can't count the hours over the course of my life where I've been educated and entertained by something this man imagined and brought to life.
It's The Muppet Show with our very special guest star Jim Henson?!
Who is your favorite Muppet or Sesame Street character? 🎶 Remembering Jim Henson, who was born on September 24, 1936 in Greenville, Mississippi. Henson began making puppets in high school and in college with fellow student Jane Nebel, they formed Muppets, Inc. in 1958. The duo married about a year 👇
later. Henson and company joined Sesame Street in 1969 and he created and produced the Muppets tv show beginning in 1976. Henson hit the Billboard Hot 100 chart twice with, "Rubber Duckie" at #16 in 1970 as Ernie and "Rainbow Connection" at #25 in 1979 as Kermit the Frog. The "Rainbow Connection"
Animal, all day long! youtu.be/qLxDS65RjLU?...
Grover forever. My mom still tells the story about the first time I saw Sesame Street on a color TV, and I exclaimed, "Mommy! Grover is BLUE!!"
All of them, but if I have to pick one - Grover
Oh, so many to choose from! I loved The Swedish Chef ("Bork! Bork! Bork!") but I identified with Beaker.
Kermie! In fact, Rainbow Connection is one of my favorite songs. It makes for a good morning.
Please enjoy the memorial at his alma mater here at UMD
Gonzo taught me it was OK to be weird
Always had a fondness for Rowlf the dog. Seemed like a good hang
Gonzo is truly, but the madness of Crazy Harry blowing crap up just really made me cackle as a kid
Rowlf embodies the history and spirit of the Muppets more than any other character. I love them all, but he'll always be my favorite.
Gonzo. And the best depiction of Charles Dickens. Thank you Mr. Henson
She had style, she had grace Queen Miss Piggy, Pigs in Space Star of Vet's Hospital too Oh Miss Piggy, we love you Divas with an attitude Frogs that were in the mood Don't just stand there, let's get to it Strike a pose, there's nothing to it Pork
Suddenly filled with a desire to see Fozzie Bear’s transition arc (My guess is, at least at first, Miss Piggy would *hate* her 😅) (But like… Fozzie and Miss Piggy are historically performed by the same person, so that’s why they don’t often share a lot of screen time) (when’s Frank Oz’ birthday?)
Traditionally my answer is Statler & Waldorf (don’t make me choose; they’re a package deal). HOWEVER, Uncle Deadly is up there too.
Digit. It's a deep cut but you gotta love a puppet based on Christoper Lloyd in "Taxi."
🌞 Making a Better World  🐸 “ when I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world.” -Jim Henson #botd #muppets #Henson 🐸  Thank you, Jim Henson for caring. 🌎 
Good morning, Eugenia 🩷 What a nice man❣️ Have a wonderful day 🌸
I do miss the morning cartoons back when I was younger, muppets were cool but the whole era was better from like 1975-1985.
I didn't see that coming!
Happy Thursday Eugenia. May His Memory Be A Blessing. He did Make A Difference.
Ello! There hasn't been such a creative person since Jim Henson. What a character doesn't give him justice...
You did make a difference to me and my family during a hellish medical issue and God how I miss you!!