Premier League, five games in: talking points as international break nears
Here are my Tottenham talking points on the worrying Dominic Solanke sight after the final whistle, De Zerbi spinning his big wheel of Spurs excuses, the criticism of Mateus Fernandes, a couple of ridiculous stats, a terrible substitution and more. football.london/tottenham-ho...
a worrying sight is when Solanke starts. A Championship striker at best now. The De Zerbi-led recruitment has been a shambles in the offensive positions. #COYS
Villa's win meant Emery has more Premier League victories at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium with the Midlands club (four) than the past three Spurs head coaches combined. Great stuff Ali, but that☝️stat is a hard read!
It’s been so long since I’ve enjoyed watching Tottenham. We’ve been so bad for so long now. It’s so early but I think we are going down.
Sounds worryingly like things are falling apart with RDZ. The Ramos comment is one I first got the feeling of a couple of games ago. What a fan of club football should never be saying. Thank god for the international break.
Agree with basically everything in here but very confused by this growing narrative about Vuskovic / VPH. Did he even play bad yesterday? Single game rating is skewed bc of the goal but not remembering anything crazy bad except being caught out with VDV on those Jackson runs.
Feels bad being Spurs atm. And I get it, no wins in five Premier League games. I had a look at the dreaded table and only a point or two separate plenty of teams but I also look at the fixture list and wonder where our next win is coming from. I’m sure it *will* come but confidence is low
I think De Zerbi needs 4 points from the next two games. Struggling United away and Coventry at home. We just have to win one if not both of those. I still think we need patience and to accept this project is going to take time but we have to start going on a run sooner rather than later
Well, at least we aren't 17th
We'll beat Coventry. We have to beat Coventry. If we don't, I fail to see how RDZ could stay in the job.
Chelsea coming up. If they can't score past their sieve like defence, they have no hope.
Reminds me too much of last two seasons. Looking at the schedule and thinking we can easily lose all those games. I do believe it will turn around- I always do, and that is also why I worry because I also did…
Its felt bad for the last three years but I feel and hope that soon the players will turn it around, well at least the majority. Really can't see Solanke improving but here for him to prove me wrong.
OPTA: "Manchester United have had more touches in the opposition box than any other Premier League team so far this season (182). They have also seen their opponents have the fewest inside their own penalty area (92)." We need to turn this in to wins.
Exactly this. My issue is the lack of urgency/running and a perceived lack of a desire to break their necks to get in the box and score goals. Having one recognised injury prone striker is not helping - as much as I love Big Ben 🥰
Suppose the problem is we're getting touches in their box when they have multiple defenders blocking shooting opportunities, and conceding touches in our box when their attackers have time and space to shoot. That speaks of being too slow at both ends