Yom Kippur, communities send wishes for an easy fast
To my Jewish friends and neighbors who will soon be observing Yom Kippur: May you be inscribed for a good year in the book of life. I'm looking forward to continuing to work together to build a better Michigan and a better world.
For a better Michigan and a better world. Vote for Abdul El-Sayed for Senate 🌊🗳️🌊
You are exactly the type of person we need more of in elected office, my good man. I can't vote for you since I live in Georgia, but I would if you were running nationally! Doing it right!
This Jew accepts your warm wishes and urges my fellow Jews to stand up against the slaughter of Palestinian children and families.
Thank you for accepting all religions and being an adult about it!
It's funny how several of my Muslim friends have sent me good wishes and New Years greetings, but from the "Christians" all I hear is crickets. I guess they don't like that I stand AGAINST Bibi and his genocide.
Hi look at this thread please bsky.app/profile/jona...
This evening marks the start of Yom Kippur, the holiest day in Judaism. During this time of reflection, atonement, and prayer, I'm wishing all those observing an easy and meaningful fast. G'mar chatima tova.
So much to atone for...
Thank you so much!! ❤️❤️
How will pro-Netanyahu folks in Israel ever atone for apartheid and genocide?
Thank you, for your well wishing and for your tireless advocacy on behalf of all New Yorkers!
May we be sealed for a year of peace, health, and strength.
During this time of reflection, atonement, and prayer, I'm wishing all those observing an easy and meaningful fast. Since you didn't qualify your greeting to "all", I am assuming you also wish happy Yom Kippur to today's arsonists?
Toward t’shuvah this Yom Kippur: An honest reckoning with our transgressions
i appreciate your introspection on this issue. unfortunately, if you spend long enough thinking about it, you find that the only answer is to end or radically reform the state of israel to create a state of palestine. please come join us on the right side of history. and g'mar chatima tovah!
I can no longer consider you as sincerely progressive when you continue to financially support a blogging site that funds and promotes Nazis and their hateful beliefs. Substack's issues have been pointed out to the campaign repeatedly. Alternatives have been presented. You obviously don't care.
this is really a quite extraordinary piece of writing may you have a meaningful fast, whatever that means to you
“if we are serious about reckoning with our collective transgressions, then we must not only honestly recite them. We must put Palestinian liberation at the center of our t’shuvah. Not only for the human rights and dignity of Palestinians. But also for our own possibility of redemption.”
“I will join Jewish and multfaith neighbors who say no to Israel’s genocide of Palestinians, no to ethnic cleansing, no to human-made famine, no to the use of U.S. tax dollars to bomb entire families, and no to war criminals in our city.”
I am never more in my element than during the time between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur when the Jewish people are mandated to deliver a year’s worth of apologies.
forgot it was yom kippur. add it to the atonement list for next year
went to mcdonalds in college, ordered a quarter pounder with cheese, took a bite out of it, realized it was yom kippur. finished the quarter pounder with cheese
you're in...well. not GOOD company, per se
Doesn't start until sundown, you can sneak it in under the wire for this year!