Resident Evil director Zach Cregger explains how first person scenes were filmed
Vague spoilers for Cregger's Resident Evil, but I gave Bryan a score :p #spoilers #residentevil
Ya know, absolutely feel free to use these Spoiler blocks for if you ever want to post and hide spoilers on this site. Remember you have to save four different ones so you can post enough to force the carousel view. here's a Major Spoiler warning block if you need it.
I haven't watched it so I'm not reading this but this is a brilliant way to handle spoilers
See. works like a charm Also. I give this a “yay videogames!” Out of ten
He was playing on Hard difficulty in his first play through, hope he does better on NG+
He actually used 2 healing items in the film! The milk and cereal brsnded "Life"
thats a pretty neat way to do it ngl
Wanted to save posting this until I saw Resident Evil; In an interview at SDCC Zach Cregger didn't recognize a funko of the chainsaw villager from RE4. He tried explaining he does love the games then just stops and goes "I'M FUCKED! I'M FUCKED!" He's not fucked. I loved the movie!!
Listen there's only so much you can do with those square-headed beady eye little fuckin things
i will never shame someone for not recognizing a funko pop
I just looked it up and I wouldn't have recognised it either, and RE4 is the only one I've played all the way through ahahaha. The movie was so good!!!!
ty for not jynxing our zach cregger until he was not fucked
Paul W. S. Anderson and Milla Jovovich playing the Resident Evil remake on Gamecube in 2002 before they started dating is pretty cute.
Oh wow they have really good energy. They aren't just coworkers, they're absolutely super comfortable with one another.
I like that it cuts to her smackin' a mosquito then cuts back like nothing happened.
The way he looks at her is exactly the way the camera looks at Alice in the later few Resident Evil movies
Man saw the whole rest of his life. Who can blame him?
Milla Jovovich explains how exciting co-playing is (and always has been) - we all know this phenomenon acutely from livestreaming and online games, but it's so cool having the concept clearly described in 2002. (and cute!)
a única forma de fazer um filme bom de resident evil é com amor, mas amor por sua esposa e não pela franquia
Not a fan of of the Paul W S Anderson RE movies but I gotta respect the level of Wife guy Anderson would be come and was destined to be for Milla Jovovich
Prova #38472 de que a manosfera não faz ideia do que atrai mulher
Sou viado mas entendo ele ter cagado pra lore dos jogos a ponto de tornar Jill, Claire, Chris e Leon coadjuvantes. Mulher linda da porra
Look, the later Resident Evil movies are what they are, Monster Hunter is bad, but these two are so much in love & you can tell he was smitten from here already. It's so cute (I admit I really enjoy their dumb Three Muskeeters, though. It's very fun) Also. Uhm. I can relate to that loving look.
Una cosa que amo de esta pareja es que las películas de Anderson son siempre "mi mujer es la persona más poderosa del mundo". Y encima si lo buscas en Wikipedia sale "Esposo de Milla JOVOVICH" mientras a ella "Actriz y modelo" Es el wifeman supremo y lo admiro por eso
Resident Evil was absolutely amazing Fuck all those idiots online for bitching at Zach Cregger to the point him saying he doesn't want to do another one, god would've loved to see him do a sequel
There's a lot of people who complained that only showed how much they are larping, acting as if even the early games didn't get silly and ridiculous the further they go in lol
Ugh this is why we can’t have nice things. Always the least appreciative/deserving ruining for the rest of us.
Who the fuck? Why would people bitch about it it was incredible and very creepy!!!
They make him say what? "OOOOH NOW YOU FUCKED UP! NOW YOU FUCKED UP! NOW YOU FUCKED UP!"
📽️🩸 Resident Evil was fun & funny, but you likely already knew that. Scary, gruesome creatures & gore galore, w enough callbacks & refs to the games to make even me (who stopped playing after Code: Veronica) catch them. It's Cregger's most no-nonsense, "give 'em what they came for" film, & a delight.
(I honestly have no idea how many, or if any, sequels came out after Code: Veronica. Two? Two dozen? I stopped paying attention to games around 2000, lol, although I have made some exceptions.)
I’m hoping to see it tomorrow 🙏🙏
I was surprised how anxiety inducing the movie was. It felt like the protagonist thought he was in a horror story, but not the right one. I really enjoyed it.
Watched the new Resident Evil movie today. Despite having only dabbled in a few Resident Evil games in the past, I really enjoyed this as an adaptation of the kind of events that happen in early Resident Evil titles. Good enough to make me want to try playing them again. Some words on Letterboxd.
I've played a bunch of Resident Evil, and I very much enjoyed the movie. It's very thematically RE. Nothing in the plot really happened in the games other than "virus + zombies," but some of the settings are reminiscent of areas from some of the games, and there are winks beyond that.
This movie was hilarious and the scene with the little girl was equal parts funny, tragic and terrifying.
Just got out of the movie, save the last 15 minutes and some glaring lore inaccuracies (iPhone in 1998 is the main one that just kept popping up lol) I enjoyed it it was pretty good
I got into them at Resident Evil 7, which changed the format a bit, and have enjoyed them so far. Looking forward to watching this movie.
I never played the early RE games, but even I whispered "save your game!" when he opened a door and saw a certain something sitting on the desk. :D
I haven't caught the new Resident Evil yet but a lot of people seem upset or genuinely offended that it has a lot of jokes, accusing it of having "Marvel humor." Ignoring that "Marvel humor" is a lazy shorthand, Zach Cregger (like Jordan Peele) comes from comedy. More specifically, sketch comedy.
Also, last year he said Resident Evil would be his equivalent of Evil Dead. Anyone even remotely familiar with Evil Dead 2 (or most movies by Sam Raimi), knows that it's a really funny movie. Lol
Complaining about "Marvel Humor" in media (specifically, in those terms) is a red flag alert for "don't take my opinions seriously, I'm just repeating things a YouTuber said;" almost like a neutral version of calling things "woke" (except they're often paired 🙄)
This is also insane because the single most popular character in the Resident Evil games is Leon Kennedy, the guy known for his constant snarky quips. Even the darkest and scariest RE games have humorous moments.
There were a couple of jokes that didn't quite land, but the movie is also very much "average joe schmo tries to survive the Raccoon City Incident." I'd be more annoyed with the humor if the movie didn't have a decent emotional hook, which it does.
I think the humor is decent, it wasn't over used. I just finished watching it
Again with "I hate Marvel humor" from people, enough of that. It's a bullshit criticism that has no basis. Also, yeah, why would people think the new Resident Evil wouldn't have humor?
"Resident Evil shouldn't have jokes!" ...Jill Sandwich, anyone?
Complaining about humor in Resident Evil is...certainly a choice, when one of the most popular characters in that franchise is Leon Snark Kennedy.
I would love to write a piece on the Resident Evil film because I do think a read people are offering is "Oh, the real heroes are just off screen" and that's cute on paper but I actually don't think Creggar's writing his script with any thought that, like.. Chris is 10 minutes away.
more seriously: Creggar has truly great craft as a director and is fairly bad at writing believable people. so like weapons there's stuff that falls apart near the end. Which doesn't matter toooo much but it *is* worth noting.
I think the idea that Chris or Leon or Claire are…somewhere…is fine but I certainly never felt like they were just around the corner. It’s just this is another story that happened to happen on the same night.