Bird of the Day, theme 'Elegant'
An #elegant Snowy Egret in breeding plumage for the #BirdoftheDay. #birds #Florida
Thank you for the gorgeous photograph and the beautifully written alt-text.
Humans do not deserve such inexorable beauty serenity and dignity; instead, they should be kneeling in awe and gratitude that they be granted coexistence and space on this exquisite planet.
My #elegant contribution for #birdoftheday is an Agami Heron #CostaRica #birds #nature #herons
That's no fair 🤣🤣🤣 How can Europeans even compete with such a tilted playing field? Seriously: Fantastic picture of a fantastic bird!
Looks like work of art! 😍
great googly moogly that bird is sublime
What part of the country were you in? 💜
indeed, the very definition of elegance
What a fabulous looking creature
Creeping Beauty This brown creeper flew into my yard. Had no idea what they looked like but guessed it by the way it moved. I find it quite #elegant with gorgeous markings. #BirdOfTheDay #BlueSkyArtShow #golden #ColorADay #GreenSat #SmallBirdSaturday #EastCoastKin #ECK #PhotographersUnited #birds
They really are a lovely little bird. Nicely done indeed, Robyn!
A close cousin found in Europe is called the Tree Creeper. Both common English names being descriptive of the family.
Beautiful and fabulous camouflage outfit.
My son rescued one that had hit our window. We put him in a shoe box & drove to the local rehab centre. On the way, the little bugger sized up the thumb hole and flew out. Pulled over and was able to catch him, put him back in box & got to rehaber. Good thing 2 - he had a concussion from the strike
Good Morning ☀️ AB said, today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is: #Elegant; any elegant looking bird. A Snowy Egret.. one of the most elegant of birds . #ECK #photography #birds #reflection
Great shot Nicole; love the reflection!
Peaceful and elegant shot, Nicole!
This fits the theme perfectly!
Lovely egret and wonderful photo 🤍
That’s a real gem Nicole 😁
What a perfect reflection of such an elegant bird!
There’s just something about the 🪶Cedar Waxwing…. #BirdOfTheDay #Elegant #VermontBirds
It’s that dot of yellow enamel paint on the tail that gets me every time.
They are such a privilege to see aren’t they…
Decades ago I spotted a silky tan crested little bird I'd never seen before, and wondered what it was. Totting up the costs of field guides, binoculars, hiking clothes, and travel expenses since then, that little bird cost me a LOT.
One of my favorite birds, the Cedar Waxwing. Beautiful. They bring happy thoughts of my mom to mind. She loved these birds and looked forward to their annual migration through the town where we lived in Montana.
Today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is #elegant. When i saw the theme, I immediately thought of the snowy egret. This is the last of the images I made of this beauty on this morning. #photography #wildlife #ECK #birds #BirdsInFlight #birdsky #birders #nature #biodiversity #ecology
Ahh! Such beauty and grace!
Good morning Michael, Power out here.....so the generator is doing it's thing. Rumbling and disturbing my peace and quiet........notice I am gruntled! 🙃The storms predicted haven't even arrived as yet and here we are.........bah hiss! lol
Great photograph and depiction of elegance.
🪶 Good Morning, Happy Saturday Everyone! Today’s #BirdOfTheDay theme is: #Elegant; any elegant looking bird Alt. is #Scruffy; any bird looking a bit worse for wear - A graceful Grey-Crowned Crane - A Rook that’s been feeding in decaying seaweed #birds #ECK #birdphotography #naturephotography
Here is my elegant #BirdOfTheDay from Warwick Castle in England
Good morning and great captures and themes Ian, off to look for something scruffy.
Poor Rook, it really looks scruffy 😁 Fabulous captures AB 🤩
Elegant is such a good choice, I haven't seen a bad shot yet!
Great photos Ian and themes 👍 Hope you have a good day ✨️
Love the crane AB! Happy Saturday!
Atlantic Birding set today's #BirdOfTheDay to #Elegant, which I think I covered yesterday. So today I'm going with his alt theme of #Scruffy 😀 #Photography #Birds #Cardinals
What a handsome fella! 😂
I think these guys must be the best 'molters' of them all!
Do the feathers grow back? Is this a normal moulting thing that happens or is it some illness that causes it? Hope the wee bird is alright!
Is it a bald cardinal?
I always feel bad for the birds when molt hits. Everybody looks like a buzzard. 🤣
I have one of those too!😆