Bird of the Day, theme 'Paridae'
Good evening, Bluesky 🦋 A rather handsome looking pigeon for today's #BirdOfTheDay .. theme is #Paridae … the Alt theme is #Pigeons&Doves ✨🩶✨🐦
He is handsome and he looks likes he knows it too! 😄
Good evening, JB, although it is late morning still for me... 🦋
I want to post a picture of a NYC pigeon. They look nothing like this. They’re big, ugly, grizzled. They take no shit. They don’t fly away as you walk by. They’ve lived a hard life and have been thru & seen some stuff They’re the Sean Penn of birds.
Great shot! He’s posing so nicely for you, JB! 🐦⬛👌💙
Yes,, They all wanted my bread !! 🦊🇬🇧
How beautiful 😍!! Have a wonderful Friday!!
🪶 Rob has chosen #Paridae as today’s #BirdOfTheDay theme; any of the Tit, Titmice and Chickadees Alt. #Pigeons&Doves I’m going with the alternative with this shot of a Collared Dove on the stump of a palm tree in a park #birdphotography #ECK #birds #photography #birdsofbluesky #flyday #scape
Morning AB what a lovely photo ✨️
Beautiful shot, AB 👌 Happy Friday 😊
Thank you for the explanation of Paridae for those of us who don’t know many scientific names :)
It looks like this dove is just chill’n without a care in the world. Great photo AB. 👍🏼💫
Rob’s #BirdOfTheDay theme is #Paridae, and of the species. The Alt theme is #Pigeons&Doves, any Pigeon or Dove will do. I’ve gone with the Alt theme. A Collared Dove does its best impression of the angel Gabriel - ‘I bring you good tidings of great joy, Barrie is putting out the bird seed’ 😊
You've really given that dove a glow-up by catching their best side; all my pigeon flight shots looks ridiculous lol, but now I realise I'm just not catching them right lol!
Of all the species, the most beautiful. Wonderful pic. Thank you.
Really elegant and nice photograph, Barrie.
Great shot, Barrie. Brilliant caption! 😁
A pigeon. Brave. A communicator. Intelligent. Beautiful. Soft-spoken. A creature that mates for life. Unattainable until she has a reason to trust you. 🩶 ― Jamie McGuire #BirdOfTheDay #Pigeons&Doves #Photography #EastCoastKin
And she will shit on you from her perch above while in your hammock reading page 382 of Playing for the Ashes. But she doesn't know better and all I do in return is, ironically, flip her the bird and wash my arm.
I love both your capture & heading. The pigeon's fantastic & words are true. Well done!