Zach Cregger's Resident Evil opens to strong reviews
'RESIDENT EVIL' debuts with 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, highest rated video game film adaptation of all time: ▪️"Zach Cregger Gives a Fatigued Franchise an Exhilarating Shot in the Arm" - Hollywood Reporter ▪️'Resident Evil Finally Captures The Breathless Terror Of The Games' - Gamespot #ResidentEvil
Hollywood Reporter may be thinking of the RE movie franchise not the franchise as a whole because fatigued is the last thing I’d call it
"fatigued franchise" have they been under a rock for the past decade? Or are they only talking about RE films?
I’m excited and leaving work early tomorrow to watch this. Adaptations that try to adhere to a game’s story never work and I don’t understand the capital-G gamer blowback on this original story set in the Resident Evil universe.
A "fatigued franchise" uhhhhh what
The "fatigued franchise" comment by Hollywood Reporter is in context to the RE movies only (for anyone who also was like "wtf" when reading it 😂)
love to see it :)
I would follow this man anywhere
Yeah for all the squirming people did about how it doesn't LOOK like the games, it's still the same guy who directed the critically acclaimed WEAPONS movie. No shock this is the best reviewed Resident Evil movie of all time.
"Fatigued franchise" for the films seems incredibly generous. For the rest of the franchise incredibly insulting but just for the films it's very nice to say it had energy.
This is going to a be a very weird movie to pair with Coyote v. Acme as a double feature but I'm excited
This is why you don’t cave to “fans”
Heck yeah! Glad Zach Cregger just did his own thing and made a good movie.
It might not be bleak after all
holy shit. And fatigued franchise? Stick to movies only HR lmao.
And this is why you don’t listen to rabid fanboys, who are almost always bigots, when they cry about how much an adaptation (doesn’t) aligns with their nostalgia
I'm very excited to see this, hopefully I'll get out to it this weekend. I do think it's really interesting that Cregger came to the same conclusion Paul WS Anderson did 20 years ago, that a Resident Evil movie shouldn't just be an adaptation of the video game plot.
Zach Cregger's ‘RESIDENT EVIL’ finally releases this week, but does it manage to be one of the rare good video game movies? Find out in our review… discussingfilm.net/2026/09/16/r...
I’m so damn excited. Friday!!!!* *Sunday for me.
C’était incroyable ! J’ai rigolé tout du long, le héros est si réel, il « nope » au moins 10 fois dans le film, il ne sait pas tirer et les clin d’œil à l’absurdité des jeux sont hilarants ! Un peu déçu de la fin mais c’est un détail. Meilleur film Resident Evil ever !
Zach Cregger’s ‘RESIDENT EVIL’ debuts with a 98% score on Rotten Tomatoes. 🍅 It marks the highest score for a ‘RESIDENT EVIL’ film. #ResidentEvil #ZachCregger
Please don't miss out on some peak horror if you're a Resident Evil fan who wanted something different. Go into the film as it being a new entry in the series. It's not going to adhere to all the rules the series has but some of the best games in the franchise didn't either.
Finally! This series deserved a good movie! Not whatever (gestures at all the other films) these were!
I’m glad it’s good, maybe those weirdos will shut the fuck up about him larping. Prolly not, but it be nice if people admitted they were wrong online
Oh..we have a hit Live Action RE film, well now
Vaulting through the air over a bar that was like six inches off the ground.
already seeing it tomorrow, please be good
Had a very good time with #ResidentEvil. Fun without being brainless, smart without showing off. Funny without undermining its tension, and scary while still being accessible. A really enjoyable trip to the cinema, and a joy with a crowd. Austin Abrams is a delight.
god this is all exactly what i was hoping for. can’t fn wait for my big sold out friday night screening!!
Looking forward to this. Keep making them and I'll keep going, Cregger!
It looked like it had a lot of potential.
I have no experience with the game or the prior movies. The winter setting and the body horror monster reminds me a lot of John Carpenter’s The Thing. That has me interested.
I'm hoping that its an actual horror/comedy movie and not a lore dump or Easter egg farm...sounds like it meets those expectations?
Very cool to see Cregger continuing to do well. The sketch comedy to horror film pipeline is real.
Zach Cregger’s RESIDENT EVIL is a kick-ass horror-comedy that punches through all that pre-release fanbaby whining by being pretty darn good at what it does.
Fanboys can be the absolute worst and they should probably be ignored as a rule. The franchise finally has some new life and I'm going to see it in the theater if I can get over feeling strange about going to the movies by myself.
As a huge fan of the game I cannot wait to see this. Haven’t been to a movie theatre in so long, but that’s changing for this movie.