Aaron Rowe withdraws from Ed Sheeran tour
After Robert Kraft rallied stadium owners to prevent Ed Sheeran’s tour from their venues unless he fired Macklemore, Sheeran’s opening acts Finneas, Lukas Graham, Aaron Rowe, as well as Sheeran’s touring band, Beoga, have all announced their departures from the tour.
Sheeran’s next tour date is 9/19 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, PA. He currently has no openers or touring band, with 4 days until showtime. Will the tour collapse? Hire back Macklemore? Scramble to book other artists to, in essence, cross the picket line?
Ed Sheeran played Robert Kraft's wedding and said he was super sweet. So sweet he extorted Ed and Ed caved and now Ed doesn't have a band to play with.
Kraft’s wife is on the board of the Kennedy Center and she fucked that up too!
Sheeran definitely deserves what he's getting for choosing the most cowardly possible path through the situation. But it also kind of sucks that it takes the spotlight off Kraft, who should be dragged for infinite filth.
Maybe James Dolan is available to perform?
And Kraft’s wife just voted to close the Kennedy Center. Pair of Trump and Israel zealots .
Whew, deflated faster than a patriots football in cold weather
WAIT HE LOST HIS BAND TOO LMAO
Imagining a "dental plan! Lisa needs braces!" situation happening in slow motion inside Sheeran's weird little head as he watches the "be a good guy, still have a tour" exit ramp disappear in the rear-view mirror
I do appreciate how none of these billionaires understand the Streisand Effect no matter how many years go by
This is what solidarity looks like. All these people sacrificed a LOT to do the right thing. You can do the same.
The next show is in Philly. I can't imagine the Philly unions standing by Sheeran.
Genuinely delicious. Never concede to fascism. Solidarity works. Boycott. Divest. Sanction. And #FreePalestine forever
We don’t know that he did actually rally other stadium owners. We just know he told Ed Sheeran that he did. That’s not to say they wouldn’t have acquiesced. I just think it’s useful to consider just how recklessly Kraft is willing to speak on behalf of others.
Way to kill what could have been a long lasting and stellar career, Ed. Your audience is a woke one - did you not think this the fuck through you moron?
Currently, 5 out of 6 acts on the Ed Sheeran tour are against this One day, everyone will have always been against this
Ed Sheeran’s opener, Aaron Rowe, has dropped out of the tour: “As Irish people we know all too well about genocide, forced famine and violent occupation…”
“I cannot stand by and allow billionaires to use their position of power to silence the rightful voices of those who speak up against Israeli genocide and who highlight the savage murder of children. I would lose all respect for myself to carry on as normal […] FREE PALESTINE”
It is heartening to see that some people still prioritize their values, integrity, and basic decency over money.
Mad respect here for Aaron Rowe. He isn’t big enough to turn this tour down and he still said nah this is wrong. 🙌
Ed Sheeran is the most deeply unfuckable person.
We love to see it
*THAT* is how you do it!
Also a great time stream Hozier who had been supporting a free Palestine on behalf of Ireland’s history of genocide against them as well
Putz Ed você se FODEU, que é meio que o preço de achar que não se pronunciar equivale a não tomar um lado. 👍
a tour do edshiro derretendo ao vivo. que delícia.
O murro no julio do cocoricó falseteiro sionista não para
amando o ed sheeran is over party
And another 1, thats 4 total now. That's what happens when you're on the wrong side of history. Free Palestine!! 🇵🇸
I am admittedly a long time Ed Sheeran fan but I guess not anymore. It’s just shameful how he handled this. I don’t like weak-willed spineless artists who hide behind “my music is a way to unite” as an excuse to not speak up. There is a time to use your voice & it’s when children are dying
I want to take a moment to talk about Ed Sheeran and Ireland because of something he did that was so craven and cynical a few years back. I'm talking about "Galway Girl".
oh , this is excellent. Make Ed look even worst. and still fuck Kraft.
oh man it's OVER over
It is astonishing to me how much Robert Kraft & Ed Sheeran fucked this up. What would have easily been yesterday’s news has now become the top entertainment story that just keeps growing. Good on Aaron Rowe and Finneas for standing on business and telling Kraft and Sheeran to go fuck themselves
It might be the most avoidable fumble I've ever seen in my 25 years of touring.
And Beoga! Ed Sheeran has had a bunch of Irish artists supporting him this last year. He should have known better than to claim neutrality and “it wasnt my decision”. Unless its 4D chess and he did this on PURPOSE to force the issue? (Unlikely, obvs).
Kraft is supposedly in the Epstein Files. Now I wonder about Ed.
Beoga and Aaron Rowe pulling out of Sheeran's tour is so admirable. Putting principles in front of career is incredibly brave and I hope they get huge support because of it.
They'd easily sell out a gig with Macklemore over here
I've seen several Americans who have now discovered Beoga, and bought either tracks or full albums to support them. So hopefully the good publicity will work some magic for them.
Apparently he’s got no one now. Maybe he can get nugent and kid rock to go on tour with…
It's really heartening at this point in time to see people make these sacrifices. Gives me a bit of hope and pride
the Irish don't fuck around
Finneas, Beoga and Aaron Rowe have pulled out of the Ed Sheeran tour. It’s crumbling like pastry.
It was a fairly staggering miscalculation by a “culturallly Irish” musician to think that two Irish acts, and another of outspoken politics and Irish heritage, would go along with the tour after his statement earlier.
A serious miscalculation for someone with albums called Multiply, Divide and Plus
LETS GO!! Amach is amach !!!!!!! FREE PALESTINE & FREE THE SIX COUNTIES OF ULSTER
Not to worry, Boy George is just waiting for Ed to give him a call to tag in!
He’ll be left with Pink slime.
Beoga weren't just a support band but were acting as Sheeran's band for the tour. Playing these huge venues with an artist as big as this was career-changing for these acts. To sacrifice that, while acknowledging that it's not about them but the Palestinian people, is impressive & touching❤️🇵🇸
Ed Sheeran is one of the biggest touring acts *of all time*. For a support act to withdraw is taking a massive career risk and immediate financial hit in an already precarious industry. This is tremendous courage and principle by each of these acts.
To everyone who has written "well, what is he supposed to do?" about Ed Sheeran, please shut up forever because every single one of the lesser-known bands who would have benefitted way more from the tour exposure than Sheeran himself would both knew exactly what to do AND DID IT.
Glad to hear it. At the same time, this is definitely in 'curtains for Zoosha' territory.
Billionaires: if everyone would just listen to AI music, we wouldn't have these problems.
I didn't previously own any music from the artists that chose to stand up against oppression and genocide today and leave Ed Sheeran's tour. So I spent the day listening to samples of music and made purchases from each of them. Macklemore, Aaron Rowe, Lukas Graham, Finneas, and Beoga
Robert Kraft has turned the Patriot’s Gillette Stadium into a mass surveillance control center. Not only do they take biometrics of everyone who enters, but they are using Israeli technology to track online criticism of Israel - particularly at college campuses and high schools.
Nice. Now I feel like I've been negligent by only buying something from one of them. I've got four more purchases to make over the next couple of weeks. Went to www.beogamusic.com/store directly. I'll have to search out the others.
2. This also comes in the aftermath of a statement Ed Sheeran released this morning, in which he said it was not his decision to push Macklemore out and that he would not be drawn into public discussion about any political matter, including the Palestinian cause.
'I will not be drawn into talking about the thing I am currently talking about.'
Man needs to grow a pair. He's got more than enough in the bank to see him though a hundred lifetimes.
Kid Rock is available to fill in.
Question: So it's ok that Kraft gets hj's from young Filipino girls (oops, I mean 'massage experts) in Florida, but he loses his shit if someone has an outspoken political view contrary to his?
I’m sure bro will start having a public opinion once his pockets and reputation start hurting