78th Emmy Awards, 'Widow's Bay' wins 14 Emmys; 'The Pitt' best drama
Michael J. Fox was awarded at tonight's Emmy Awards the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award, which has only been given out 7 times in Emmys history.
"Initially, I kept my Parkinson's diagnosis a secret. I worried that it would affect my work and my relationship with audiences. Would they laugh if they knew I was sick? And then I was stunned by the support I got.
Order of Canada pin 💪
Damn he made Harrison Ford cry.
Michael J Fox has been my hero ever since Family Ties. He'll always be great....
Just an amazing actor who can play anything. And to think that he was able to use his illness in his acting & deliver us amazingly flawed characters like: Daniel Post from Boston Legal, Dr. Kevin Casey from Scrubs, and my personal favorite: unscrupulous attorney Louis Canning from the Good Wife. 👏
Great person, well deserved! He and his wife are such a great team.
Most awarded networks at the 2026 Emmys: • Apple TV - 28 • HBO/Max - 21 • Netflix - 16 • Prime Video - 10 • NBC - 8 • Peacock - 7 • Disney+ - 6 • CBS - 6 • FX/Hulu - 3 See the full winners list... bit.ly/EmmyWins26
I'll get AppleTV to watch Ted Lasso season 3 but then I'm canceling again. Too many different streaming options. Got to draw the line somewhere.
I know what is coming.👀
Peacock and NBC are owned by the same company.
Remember when Showtime also made prestige tv? 💔 (I am still riding for the Dexter spinoffs, this is not a dig at those)
Something, something, Apple TV is the new HBO...
Apple TV winning more than HBO/Max & Netflix,Who knew lol.
always wild to see how much the old broadcasters are totally left in the dust these days
I keep saying Apple TV might not have the deepest library but pound for pound it probably has the best shows
No “it’s not REALLY a comedy!” discourse has confused me more than the “Widow’s Bay isn’t a comedy” discourse. Few shows have made me laugh as much as that one and from a wide variety of joke types!
The Emmys are a one stop shop for people to find genre blending a suddenly confounding thing.
Even more bafflingly I've seen some AND NEITHER IS HACKS stances The comedy about comedians and comedy writing
Widow's Bay is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen and also basically a documentary of crappy new england towns :v
no no you misunderstand: it also spooked me a lil, and humans are capable of only one human emotion in a 45-minute timespan
That NYT op-ed from the former Key and Peele showrunner whining about Widow's Bay and Hacks (yes, Hacks) not being "pure" comedies was the most sour grapes things I've ever encountered.
it's a comedy! maybe a hyphenate! if anything I'd say comedy-horror vs horror-comedy
Thoughts on some great Emmy wins trapped inside an inept telecast:
Didn't Cobert point out his staffers as the writers of tonight's Emmy show? Seemed unnecessarily mean.
Nailed it: “a host in Mariska Hargitay who suggested that "game for anything" isn't automatically the best trait for a performer,”
An “ineptly-produced awards show” accidentally assembling a killer winner list is the most Emmy outcome imaginable.
I loved it. Very well done.
Why am I not surprised that the same producers did last year’s embarrassing show also did tonight’s abomination…
great piece on a show that was a cringefest with occasional breaks for awards
It’s pretty amazing how quickly Alan Sepinwall can bang out zippy & polished prose. I need a lot longer for #AmRevising! (occasionally a sentence or two will emerge fully 🔥 - but not a whole entire article!)
Still absolutely bizarre that Rhea Seehorn never won an Emmy for Better Call Saul, Carrie Coon never won an Emmy for The Leftovers, and Natalie Morales never won an Emmy for The Middleman.