Sydney Sweeney criticised for sports-betting advert
I get why athletes are outraged by Sydney Sweeney's sports betting ad, but I fear this may be the point. The furore is a neat cover for what it's actually selling (gambling) & to whom (young men and boys, who are esp vulnerable to gambling, the deadliest addiction there is)
The sports betting company in question, Novig, hired DOGE alum Elie Mishory as chief regulatory and legal affairs officer back in June. This is part of a growing trend of cross-pollination between betting organisations and the Trump administration. www.sportico.com/business/spo...
Shes clearly happy being the lamb thrown to the wolves on this stuff, just to get peoples attention. First the "good genes" jeans Now this If we want this shit to stop. Best thing is just ignore her and what she does. She does not need to be relevant. To anyone. Dont make her so
Yeah this can fuck all the way off
"Multiple psychological and psychiatric studies indicate that gambling disorder carries an extraordinarily high risk of self-harm. According to data compiled by the APA, roughly 1 in 5 people struggling with gambling disorder will attempt suicide. (www.psychiatry.org/patients-fam...)
I don't give a toss about Sydney, but I'd love to read more about "the deadliest addiction there is".