Rep. Jasmine Crockett honors Chris Brown in Congressional Record
I have to say Jasmine Crockett handing an award to Chris Brown who is a violent misogynistic man is a twist. I thought we were standing against violent misogynistic men???-
We still have this stupid culture of separating the art from the artist. No, if you support the art of someone who hurts people, you support them. It gives them permission to continue hurting others because there are no real consequences. That is not acceptable.
My respect for the Congresswoman just plummeted. Hard.
And not endorsing Talarico. I used to really admire her. What is she doing?
That is just SO wrong.
Very disappointing and tone deaf.
He has a history of violence. He will be sentenced next month in relation to a bar fight in London.
The video clip was almost painful to watch. She says “We are experiencing black joy to the highest level! And I want to be sure we document that in the congressional record!” Then she points at Chris Brown and says “we’ve got a real one!”
If living it up to a Chris Brown set is “black joy at the highest level,” then I’m just gonna stay WAAAAY over here, cozy with my black queer anxiety.
The way people will just rehab abusers over nothing but the passage of time is exhausting.
Wait, didn’t Chris Brown beat up several different women?? Didn’t he spend time in jail for it??
Wtf is she doing? She feminist-washing him for free? Or does she not know?
I feel sad for Rep. Crockett that she's experienced so little joy in her life
Backflips can’t be worth all this
She is also exposing how many people endorsed her and their political and literal futures with because she is a Black Lady saying buzzwords. She isnt any different from anything being marketed to Black people since 2020.
y’all are complaining but do y’all know how many people literally died for this moment to be possible
Ain’t no reason to be doing all this for Backflips McGee, and with such student assembly energy to boot
Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett and Representative Venton Jones honored Chris Brown and Usher with a Congressional Record recognition from the U.S. House of Representatives recognizing their artistry in Arlington, Texas. Truly some wild nonsense to honor the man who beat Rihanna.
Chris Brown isn’t even from Texas, so this is just doing it for fun. And it didn’t stop there, this court case happened last year in the UK:
I’m starting to think those Talarico voters had a point
I was fully expecting this would turn out to be some formality she signed off on, a nomination made by someone in her district or something and she didn't block it. I cannot process what I just saw.
Don't forget Usher kept giving people undisclosed herpes too! www.yahoo.com/entertainmen...
Genuinely GENUINELY Chris Brown’s hold on his audience needs to studied because this shit makes no fucking sense.
Seriously? I switch the radio station if Chris Brown's music comes on. And won't go to any of his shows, regardless of who he is touring with.
what the fuck are we doing
Lol Lmao wow nice going Crockett people were almost starting to miss you
What the actual fuck is wrong with her. His last assault charge/run in with the law was like less than a year ago, so I will not hear, "oh he's changed, he's done the work." She wanted to meet him. That's all this was. She had a crush on a domestic abuser and wanted to meet him.
Chris brown is the biggest psyop ever, he doesn't make good music, hasn't made good music in one and a half decade and he spent his free time being a nuisance. What kind of dirt did he have on people to make everyone overrate him so much?
Chris Brown. Chris. Brown. Crockett is so cooked.
Just an absolute loser Go away
She won't campaign with Talarico, but she'll hang out with a serial woman-beater. Fuck her. Disgusting.
Last week: WE SHOULD HAVE HAD CROCKETT INSTEAD OF TALARICO This week: never mind, forget I said that
Ya’ll shocked older black women LOVE Chris brown and Usher. That’s who selling out those back to back stadium dates….
istg Texas Democrats are just cooked. Their choice for Senator was between a pastor who acted woke a couple years ago and immediately went transphobe as soon as he became the nominee, or a performative progressive who sings the praises of abusers.
1. Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett took the stage at Chris Brown and Usher’s concert Saturday night and honored Brown — who has been convicted of abuse multiple times — by announcing that his career and impact would be officially documented in the Congressional Record.
2. Everyone rightly brings up Chris Brown beating Rihanna, but since then, he has been convicted two more times in cases involving violent incidents, had judges issue two stay-away or restraining orders against him involving women…
I'm disappointed in her. She has made some bad choices.
So fucking glad she lost.
It’s weird but Crockett seems to have changed since her loss to Talarico in the Dem Primary. I think she’s been an excellent representative in the House but this kind of stuff doesn’t make sense
I was just reading about this when your posts came up. Wtf. Even worse with the subsequent DV accusations you noted. Incredibly disappointing to see her do this.
. Damn, that's one whole series of fuck ups, right there. Yeesh!
Deeply disappointing but this is also a great thread in case anyone ever tells you “he only hit Rihanna and he apologized ”
Texas Dems really did dodge a bullet with their Senate nominee here.
A lot of people spent a lot of energy pretending this person’s political judgement was of no consequence to the result of her bid for the senate nomination.
Chris Brown getting a Congressional recognition. Boosie about to be on 60 Minutes. I do not even understand the simulation any more.
Dear Honorable Jasmine Crockett, WTFF? Sincerely, A Texas woman fighting the good fight against abusers like Chris Brown. Don’t make me lump you with indoctrinated white women. #SheShed #Voices4Victory #Pinks
I so wanted your post not to be true🤦🏾♀️ m.youtube.com/watch?v=ifz0...
Hanging out with Chris Brown is most certainly not honorable.
HMM…IMA NEED PEOPLE TO DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE CANCELING FOLXS WE NEED. TWO THINGS CAN BE TRUE AT THE SAME TIME. I CANNOT NAME ONE CHRIS BROWN SONG, SO IVE NEVER BEEN A FAN, BUT BECAUSE SOME OF HIS CHARITABLE WORKS COINCIDED WITH OTHER CELEBRITIES I KNOW OF IM AWARE OF HIS GOOD WORK.
I had such high hopes for her Is she really selling out to the ‘celebrity’ class?
Yeah I still can’t get over the Jasmine Crockett Chris Brown shit. Dude is a serial domestic abuser. Him beating Rihanna within an inch of her life is just the incident that’s most famous. Indefensible.
Just yet another example that if you’re rich and famous enough (and a man!) you can be a fucking infamous wife-beating and *alleged* rapist POS and still get honored by government officials.
shit is fucked up, i’m sorry :(
Jasmine Crocket has almost as many red flags as Chris Brown.
He's not even from Texas or lives there she's just doing this for the love of the game
Everyone on here who blocked me and called me a sell out for saying Jasmine Crockett was a fame chasing stunt queen owes me an apology but I don’t want it tbh because fuck y’all
She was such an obvious fake ass grifter and y’all were on her jock so heavy but I always saw her for exactly what she is!
that sista girl, Black excellence act got people smitten.
You’re not talking to me but I understand what you mean because it’s happened to me. But we push on……💙💙💙
are folks ready to admit some shit really ✨is✨ that deep? the programming is killing us. jasmine crockett co-signing chr*s br*wn is them people fighting to get us to keep accepting & normalizing male violence through media. the nfl, too.
if we put as much into destruction as we did into building & creating, imagine where we’d be.
I was so disappointed to see Jasmine Crockett accepting an award this weekend from Megan Good, because she's out there normalizing her problematic (woman abuser) husband Jonathan Majors. The congresswoman's statement read like she was just accepting the award, but associating w/these people is bad
Jasmine Crockett performs for a certain segment of Black people. That move proves it.
Those people are the “86 and 92 percent,” “This ain’t our fight,” “rest is revolutionary,“ “Everything is not that deep/political,” “FAFO,” “fuck those people in red states” segment.
Unfortunately she has always been who she is
It's not like there is a huge segment of voters waiting for her to honor him before they vote for her. She's not running for office. She lost. This was a choice. Either personal (something she wanted to do) or she's trying to stay relevant. She's doing this but not trying to help flip Texas