Boston Legacy stuns Washington Spirit with three late goals, wins 3-0
The Washington Spirit are inexplicable. Like 50% of their games I'm watching them going "what's wrong with you, just play better"
There's no really obvious hole in the squad or lack of talent or tactical problem. But every other game, a bunch of top class players have their brains liquified and pouring out of their ears.
MOVE FASTER is what I’m usually yelling
I 100% believe they have very glaring holes at creative attacking midfielders. Letting Leicy Santos be a lynchpin is not great.
this makes me feel a lot better about my similar screaming
I honestly believe it’s a coaching problem. The Spirit team can’t seem to start well when a team throws something unexpected at them. Once frazzled, they are scattered and hard to settle into the game. They seem to be unable to read the state of the game and respond appropriately in game to the
The dagger for Boston Legacy at Audi comes in the form—— oh that’s another goal I couldn’t even get the first post off.
I need to lie down
FT 1-1 #BAONPDX #NWSL Portland Thorns have dropped 21 points from winning positions and today is no different. Chicago Stars earned that late-stoppage time equalizer. Atrocious performance from the home side and look every bit like a one-and-done playoff team. THIS IS A LOSS.
Alongside the 1-5 road loss at Utah Royals, this draw is up there with the worst result of the season. They have not scored a goal in the run-of-play in over three matches. You cannot win consistently playing this type of 'counterattacking' football due to lack of control...
Could you ask the coach how the team plans to address the fact that we've dropped more points from winning positions than any other team in the league?
When are we going to hire Sarah full time as the coach? ;-)
Squad building since winning the cup has been bewildering & incoherent. Worse, I think they let beating SD in the first round last season make them think the team didn’t need an overhaul at the back. They haven’t replaced Coffey, haven’t replaced Hina, & they’re wasting Wilson. Super disappointing.