Rosh Hashanah begins as Jewish communities mark 5787
Shanah Tovah, New York! Wishing all Jewish New Yorkers celebrating a sweet, joyful and meaningful Rosh Hashanah. Here’s to a new year filled with health, happiness and blessings (and yes, even another Knicks championship).
I can see why the Republicans hate him. He's a decent guy.
Busiest person in the city and busiest politician in the country. Incredible work ethic to always be contributing somewhere.
As a NYC resident and Jewish person, my request for this new year would be that you do *literally anything* about ICE kidnapping thousands of people off our streets.
Thank you, @mayor.nyc.gov Shanah Tovah, sweet wishes to all my fellow New Yorkers! bsky.app/profile/mayo...
You are a good person. Thank you for showing the world what a peacemaker looks like.
Best Muslim mayor still wishing well on Jewish New Yorkers... why you hate him???
When he was in preschool, my nephew got quietly offended for the apple when people would talk about the honey representing the "sweet" in the wish for "a good & sweet new year" (שנה טובה ומתוקה) & when adults would say something about the honey being sweet, he'd whisper "the apple tastes good, too."
I just love how much he loves doing the kitschy fun stuff a Mayor does. Like every time he gets to play with kids he is having a blast. Also this man cannot get Arsenal off the mind.
This is adorable. And Shana tovah to all of you celebrating. May your new year be sweet!
This mayor understands religious diversity.
Big props to the kid who says "Moshiach" would make a happy new year for him
Tonight marks the beginning of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. Wishing peace, hope, happiness, and health to all who celebrate in Michigan. Shana Tova!
So I did this. My neighbors are loving me.
Thank you for not giving up on us. We need more people like you in the US and in our government.
Please vote this guy in. The world needs people like him in our government
Thank you Don’t have to be Jewish to wish each other peace, love, kindness, and understanding in the new year ahead
You’re a class act, @abdulelsayed.bsky.social
It would be wonderful if the network news would share information on all the different holidays and holy days. Also appropriate greetings to those celebrating. We would all learn a bit!
one thing i have always noticed is how prominent muslim politicians in the US almost always go out of their way to be nice about jewish holidays, in a way that other gentile politicians often don't bother with
Shana Tova to all my friends, Jewish or not, wherever you are. May this new year bring you moments of peace that settle deep in your bones, doors that open when you need them most, and the kind of sweetness that lingers long after the holidays end. Thanks @abdulelsayed.bsky.social for your kindness!
THIS. Please help Abdul save our democracy. To have the insight to wish everyone well in accord with their respective path and not add or take away anything in return let's us all know this person cares about people. A true statesman. #FDT
Wishing this to all Jewish Americans, including cousins of mine. #RoshHashanah
spending rosh hashanah telling people preemptively i forgive them for their transgressions against me, in a holy and wholly passive aggressive move
Tal I love you so much
“I forgive you.” “For what?” “…” “FOR WHAT!?!?”
L’shana tova, I’m wearing the shirt I got because you posted it and I love it so much
It’s the most Yiddishe zeydeh thing you could possibly do at this time of year
it’s passive aggressive, but it’s also really good for you and totally in the spirit of the holiday from what little I know.
I read your latest on Marmite and Vegemite and I forgive you for liking them
To my fellow Jewish Americans observing Rosh Hashanah in Maryland and across the country—L’Shana Tovah! Let this new year bring health, sweetness and light to you and your loved ones, and may there be peace all over the world.
Not one person in Congress is a TZADIK the way YOU @raskin.house.gov are. May you be inscribed in the book of life. With health, joy, kindness love and true justice, this year. To you and your family. We love and adore you.
L’Shana Tovah to my favorite congressperson, the future Attorney General of the United States.
I'll drink to that! Or more appropriately, dip apples in honey. L'shana Tovah to you and yours!
A blessed new year to you and yours, sir!
Thank you. Your putting this out publicly in times like this means more than you know to us.
Bless YOU for being the kind of Jew that makes we Jews so proud. Doing so much for others, no matter their race, religion, creed, nationality, ethnicity. YOU do the right thing all the time. You FIGHT. Thanks for being on #MSNOW so often. Jamie, we Jews love you for showing the world who we are!❤️✡️
Hey ya'll, wanted to give you an update on my site: we're hard launching sometime between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur (I appreciate your patience!) AND I want to share this piece on BLACK ZOMBIE, an incredible work of media criticism, history, and ethnography about the zombie's Haitian origins
I'll be hosting a talkback with director Maya Annik Bedward tomorrow at Quad Cinema, because the work of repairing the world, and its upside-down narratives continues on Rosh Hashanah too. Come say hi and shana tovah!
Was just doing some research on traditional Haitian zombies after reading Marie Arnold’s upcoming middle grade book “They Will Not Save Us.” I can’t wait to check out this movie!
Ooh, very interested in this film!
Thanks, Soraya. May every stylebook refer to vodou only by that spelling.
Shana tova u‘metuka! Wishing Jewish communities in New York and around the world a Happy, Sweet New Year. This Rosh Hashanah, at a time of rising antisemitism, it is especially important that we celebrate and uplift the incredible contributions and role of Jewish Americans in our communities.
May we use this High Holiday season to double down on our commitments to combating antisemitism, ensuring the safety and security of our Jewish communities, and rejecting hate in all its forms. And may this year bring joy, strength, peace, and fulfillment. Shana Tova!
As a non-Zionist Jew myself I frequently remind other prominent Jews that if more would denounce the Israeli govt bombing children, they would not see such an increase in antisemitism - but many are just too stubborn or Shlilat ha-galut Shana tova u‘metuka - Rosh Hashanah
Thank you! L'shanah tovah to you. May your apples be crisp and your honey be plenty. Have a sweet New Year!
Shana Tova. Wishing for peace and kindness for all.
Why I wouldn’t want your job, exhibit A1: the rabid bigots you deal with. So many antisemitic troglodytes in your mentions.
Shana tova! Have a sweet New Year!
You can't even have one of the most prominent Jews in American political life/history make a new years greeting for Rosh Hashanah...and not have people swarm it with unhinged replies about Israel Literally proving the antisemitism he wants to combat
Thank you, Senator! You're a mensch!
Rosh Hashanah begins at sunset tonight, marking the Jewish New Year and the beginning of the High Holidays. To everyone celebrating, Shana Tova U’Metukah!
Pls take some of your holiday to tell your brothers and sisters in Israel to maybe not spend another year killing children. And no starving children is not humane shooting children in the face is fast but evil. Jews around the world need to tell the Israeli Jews to stop. Happy new year
May it be a better one.
No clue or idea but enjoy the festivities
Wishing all Jewish Londoners a happy new year as Rosh Hashanah begins this evening. Shanah Tovah!
היום בזירת השתלטות האיסלאם הקיצוני על המערב
I keep thinking about what a great prime minister sadiq khan would make. Everything he does, he does with class, intelligence, kindness and humility. This video is a good example.
Thank you for your well wishing, and I hope you have a sweet year as well. However, I wonder why replies to this post are disabled. Why is that, @london.gov.uk?
I haven't seen posts for #RoshHashanah from American politicians. No, leave it to a Muslim Lodoner to post such a LOVING acknowledgement of our High Holy Day, Rosh Hashanah. I am living in the wrong country. G-d bless #SadiqKhan and ppl of London + UK ❤️✡️ L'Shana Tova. Happy New Year!!
It's both September 11 *and* Erev Rosh Hashanah. I'd be pretty shocked if we got something today. My over/under is next Wednesday, but that's worth what you paid for it.
If the majority was going to rule in Trump's favor, they would have issued a stay by now. The delay is likely to give the minority time to write their dissent.
Do they observe Rosh Hashanah over at the Supreme Court these days? They might want to pass Go and proceed right to The Day of Atonement.
Awfully good reason for them to stop deciding so many of these in this depth.
Gee, it's not like it's important or anything....
Given upcoming state deadlines (including UOCAVA 45 day) next week, would you have expected a decision in USPS’ favor to have been pushed through before today?
Overlooking the fact that Fairfax County refers to me by the legal first name I haven't used since I was 14, this says that it's already too late for the USPS to mess with Virginia absentee ballots. They're already on their way.
To everyone celebrating Rosh Hashanah, I wish you and your loved ones a sweet, healthy, and peaceful new year. L’Shanah Tovah!
Stop taking money from AIPAC
And to you & yours as well!!
Thank you, Senator. You are a mensch!
A disingenuous display considering you "allegedly HAD" your hand in this cookie jar, but "allegedly" put the top back on the jar in March of 2026...🙄 www.trackaipac.com/states/newje...
I once asked Grok to list all the Jewish US Senators and it listed Cory Booker in the group Probably because Grok thought that he and Rabbi Shmuley were married or something
I have a message for you. Stop funding Israeli's apartheid and genocide - you fucking Zionist tool. Thanks in advance!
Tonight is my tranniversary, Rosh Hashanah. I don't remember the date on the Gregorian calendar, but I always know it's Rosh Hashanah. שנה טובה ומתוקה Shanah tovah u’metukah May we all have a good and sweet new year. 🍎 🍯 🍏
Shanah tovah! Best wishes for 5787.
mazel tov on the tranniversary and may you have a sweet new year
Wishing you an especially sweet year! L'Shana Tova Umetuka 🍎🍯
Congratulations on the anniversary, and shana tova!
Shana tovah to you too!
Happy tranniversary and Shanah Tovah!
שנה טובה Wishing my fellow Red Sea Pedestrians and everyone who’s stood by us the past few years a happy & peaceful new year.
Was it something I said?
Thank you! L'shanah Tovah!!! May your new year be sweet.
Shana Tova, my friend! May the coming year be kinder than the past year!
L'shanah tovah! and thank you as always for the work you do.
שנה טובה שבת שלום a good year
L’shans tova to you and all the great people in this string!!!