Tim Curry, star of 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show,' dies at 80
Tim Curry, brilliant Star of ‘Rocky Horror’ and much more, has died. He was 80 www.nytimes.com/2026/08/26/m...
Again, the wrong 80-year old.
I’ve been posting this everywhere. I know he was most famous for Rocky Horror, but he was an amazing Long John Silver… m.youtube.com/shorts/4lnOL...
Why are the good people dying? And not the monsters?
I just rewatched Clue the other evening. 😢
“ The stages in Heaven are too crowded today” Tim and Dolly, irreplaceable, unique and loved. We have been blessed by them both throughout the decades.
One of (if not solely) the best to ever do it. Ever. King, Cardinal, Clown, Clerk, Mad Scientist, Pirate, Emperor, Father, Robot, Devil... A (literal) LEGEND.
Well I know what my Sunday marathon will be. Lesser known. His performance in the Three Musketeers was peak for me. RIP legend 💜
<sigh> Another great at 80.
I hate it here, on this timeline, where the universe keeps taking the wrong people.
Seriously????????????????????? Just stop already. 2026 can just get bent with all of this.
No, no, no! Simply no. Not another brilliant one. Well... rest in peace, Tim. 🖤🕯
Rocky Horror was such an inhibition exploring experience for me as a teen in the late 1970s. RIP Tim. www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8bm...
those midnight shows, all cosplay, flying toast and rice, and (of course) dancing on-stage during the time warp... those were the days...
So many cool people have an RHPS background that I almost take it for granted. Glad you're in the club.
“Don‘t dream it; be it”
Same, but closer to '82. Made several midnight showings with college classmates. I recently shared it with my daughter in our living room, which was a very different venue.
It’s sad that Dolly’s death is going to eclipse this because Tim Curry was an absolute ICONIC unique once-in-a-lifetime talent who deserves to have his life remembered and honored and not just quietly slip by.
It's not eclipsing it in my timeline, at least.
Two LGBTQIA icons gone within a few days.
As someone who considers Dolly family, since our hometowns are about 60 miles apart and she's been part of my life since the day I was born... I promise to hold space for the legendary Tim Curry whom I love and adore. 💛
Feels appropriate to eat (Japanese) curry today in honor of Tim Curry, though I was already making it before I learned of his passing.
Maybe we also need a Tim Curry of the left.
seems made up, like you’re trying to curry favor with your followers
In Boy Scouts, I would sign up for merit badges where most of the requirements were things I had already done or was doing
this is how I found out
Tim Curry, the English actor who became a massively popular cult figure thanks to his performances in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," "Clue" and the TV miniseries "It," has died at 80. CNN breaks down his most iconic roles. https://cnn.it/4wPTpdM
So when I heard Tim Curry died I felt doubly sad. Rocky Horror is still such a memory of my adolescence. But it also reminds me of who my dad was as a dad. My dad’s been gone for almost three years now, but if he runs into Tim Curry in the afterwhatever I hope he compliments his great legs. 7/7
what a beautiful memory ❤️ thank you for sharing for the record, i also noticed how shapely his legs were in fishnets
On a complete tangent, I just bought a fully electric car, which was my engineer father’s dream (he bought a Prius hybrid in his last few years of life). I am missing him right now.