Gamescom 2026 opening, The Witcher 3 expansion 'Songs of the Past' revealed
Here's a bit of news you won't find at Gamescom: after 20 years, you can play Blue Dragon without an Xbox. A fanmade PC port arrives Friday, I've been playing it, and it's great:
At first I was "please don't be a slopcomp" but the sub-headline & checking the github swayed my fears. Thank GOODNESS, I'm looking forward to this!
Awesome! Dare I hope one day we might see something similar for Lost Odyssey? That amazing game is stuck and doesn’t deserve to be.
Yesssss. Hope this is compatible with the Android handhelds too.
*on hands and knees begging* Please Save My Lost Odyssey
"not vibe coded" finally some good fucking food. sheesh
apparently this one is not vibecoded. i don't know much about this game other than the insanely over the top battle song that got stolen for barkley shut up and jam gaiden. maybe i should fix that
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FEAR AND AWE IN YOUR EYES
These recomps for games like Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Panzer Dragoon Saga, etc are such a breath of fresh air. Those consoles in particular are still not breezy to emulate so this is a huge service!
So thrilled this isn't a vibecoded mess. We jailbroke an old 360 to replay this and it ran far worse than I remembered, so this'll be real nice
One of my all time fave games! I am beyond excited to get my hands on this!
I was LITERALLY just mentioning this game to @lainwithtea.bsky.social last night, maybe this is hope that we'll soon get a recomp of Lost Odyssey too?
I've played every Dragon Quest game and Blue Dragon is a top 5 Dragon Quest
On one hand, LET'S FUCKING GO On the other...damn it's so sad fans had to actually go and port it. There are so many hidden gems locked behind the Xbox 360 exclusivity.
looking over how much shit announced at Gamescom is projects with genAI in them or from studios that are enthusiastically embracing it... boy it sure does smell like the consent factory is firing on all furnaces doesn't it?
"We're all excited for the orphan-crushing machine, look at all the cool stuff it can do while crushing orphans!"
it was honestly really depressing. more then half of it all was just ai . waste of time
It's so crazy to watch how the dissolving of taste and capable teaching outside of the triple a norm perfectly prepared the blockbuster games industry to become so complacent with this.
oh no, looks like I will have to replay the Zero Escape series
Switch physical owners of The Witcher 3 will receive the free upgrade to Remastered on Sept 29
Ill be double dipping if they do a full on switch 2 physical.
Funny how pretty much everyone but Nintendo is doing these upgrades for free
Thats awesome. Easily could've charged for this like SE does with their upgrades. Which I hate. I'm not buying the same game more than once at full price. Gonna play this after Dawnwalker.
In Night City, every connection comes with a price. Every file. Every function. Every moment watched. Pre-order yours before the corpos notice: commodore.net/store/commod... #gamescom2026 #openingnightlive @cyberpunk.net
The Commodore 77 is built from the ashes of a legend, reborn for a world where someone is always watching. Keep your data safe. Learn more: commodore.net/commodore-ja...
Noooooooo! Stop making me spend money! Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the best and most engaging games (once CD Projekt Red did the updates) I’ve ever played. I have the Starlight breadbin but this is also calling out.
I mean, there's no end of authentic orange C64's that were used by a guy named Terry who smoked a compost bag's worth of rollups every day so again, I do not see the point. Aside from glomming onto something more popular obviously
Me, a Cyberpunk & C64 fan: ಠ___ಠ