Bird of the Day, theme 'Thin Perches'
A Cedar Waxwing performs a delicate balancing act while reaching for some delicious berries for today’s #BirdOfTheDay theme #ThinPerches. #birds #nature #wildlife #photography
I'm having a good time trying to get my drawing to upload and then what upload it I have to edit it so here's another try WIP
Wonderful capture. The realism is exceptional. 👍
Cedar Waxwings are one of the world’s most beautiful birds.
When I see a scout fly in I make coffee it’s a fleeting display of them stripping my holly berry bushes bare! It’s amazing you barely see them then 50 show up! I indulge if I’m lucky enough to spot them
Oh how I miss the Cedar Waxwing! Moved from the prairies to the west coast.
Outstanding photo. 👌 Great work.
Today's #BirdOfTheDay theme set by Helen: #ThinPerches - a thin perch, relative to the birds size. So, this Linnet was seen at Lamplighters Marsh NR, Bristol, in January 2026. #ukwildlife #birds @helenbennett.bsky.social
It's got perfect camouflage in the teasel!
Wonderful capture, David .... I love the Linnets pose and its beautiful teasel perch! 👍😊
Lovely shot, love the color theme.
Beautiful shot! Color, composition , its a complete match
It's impersonating a plant and showing off its excellent camouflage.
I admire the way you put that shot together.
Have you spotted a bird perched on a thin perch, relative to the birds size? Well that's today's #BirdOfTheDay theme: #ThinPerches Like this beautiful male Stonechat, wobbling away on a slender fragile dried stem, he almost fell off! 😊📷 🪶 Alt: #BuntingBirds any bird with Bunting in their name! 🤎👋
Such awkward footing. But a lovely image!
Great image and challenging theme! 👌
What a beautiful capture 🥰
Hello! What a nice shot. Thanks for the themes.
Gorgeous capture Helen. He really does look in trouble, though … and seems to know it by the look on his face.
Beautiful shot, and themes, Helen.
Good morning birders and buddies, Helen @helenbennett.bsky.social has said today's #BirdOfTheDay theme is: #ThinPerches any bird on a comparatively thin perch. Alt: #BuntingBirds any bird with Bunting in their name! Twofer, 😁😁 Reed Bunting #birds #photography #ECK
Lovely shot Alan; and a twofer!
Gorgeous!! 👏 🥰 And a twofer Alan, now that's showing off!! 😆
Lovely. I hope you are enjoying the new job-share, Alan. Seems to be going swimmingly so far.
A twofer you know what that means you say always to us Alan 😅 Good morning and what a gorgeous photo ♥️
Great shot! I love when they are slightly angled upward, and rhe light is lovely!
Beautiful capture, Alan! I love the background almost as much as the subject. ✨🏅
My usual: lazuli bunting. #BirdOfTheDay #ThinPerches #BuntingBirds 📷🌿🪶
Lovely shot! These are literally the only buntings I have ever photographed.
That's so beautiful H. A lovely shot. But I thought your usual was a flicker of some sort? 😊
Such a beautiful image!! Gorgeous colors.
Sharp, beautiful photo, the flowers in the background are a lovely touch. 😀😍 Love the Lazuli bunting.
My #birdoftheday #thinperches is this Asian Little Green Bee-eater that I took in Thailand earlier this year. Still one of my favourite bird encounters from this year. #birds #birdphotography
Truly magical photo Mark. Great work.
Very fierce looking bird. I suppose if my job was eating bees I would look fierce too.
This is an outstanding photo! 👏🏻
Wonderful bird and photo, Mark 👏✨️
Wow, what a spectacular pic and a unique, little bird! 💚
Whoa, such perfection - both bird and photo!
Here's my #BirdOfTheDay on #ThinPerches. #wildlife #birds
Oh Tim, that's such a great capture! 👏 its amazing how the owls or birds generally just know what perches can support them. I can see this one is bending, though! 😊🦉
That does look very thin for that owl! Great capture, Tim!
Great shot, Tim!! GHO appears to be testing the strength of that perch.
Light as a feather A red-winged blackbird perched on a very thin stalk of dried dill flowers at golden hour. I posted a different shot of this a while back. #BirdOfTheDay #ThinPerches #BlueSkyMonday #ECK #PhotographersUnited #EastCoastKin #photography #birds #ArtYear
A wonderful dreamy scene.... lovely photo, Robyn! 👏✨️
This is really beautiful, Robyn! It's amazing the bird doesn't bend the thin stalks!
I love this photo, partly because the only thing in focus is the red-winged blackbird! It's a cool effect how the brush has blurriness and depth
Per Helen Bennett, today's #BirdOfTheDay theme: #ThinPerches, a bird perched on a thin perch, relative to the bird's size. Alt: #BuntingBirds any bird with Bunting in their name! #birds #photography #ECK A Bald Eagle on a relatively slim branch!
Nice. Just posted one very similar to this. Could be the same Eagle? No, I guess I don't believe that either.🤪
Looks precarious for the eagle, but I think it knows what it's doing. Great capture, Lori! 👏
what a metaphor for America... bald eagle on a thin branch !
A deer was hit by a car just down the road from me. When I drove by the first time it was in tact and very pregnant. Yesterday when I drove by it has 1/2 devoured and about 1/2 dozen eagles were on it. Very very sad. This is nature though.