Skip to content

Prince Harry and Meghan reportedly set to return to the UK at end of August

cultureAug 21, 202621381

Rob Shuter reported on August 20 that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are preparing to move back to the U.K. with their children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, after more than six years in California. The National Examiner piece reproduced on Yahoo says Princess Kate, 44, is urging Prince William to call a truce with Harry, 41, calling her intervention strategic and aimed at protecting the monarchy rather than restoring a close brotherly relationship. The report quotes a source saying Kate wants public fighting to stop and describes concern that the Sussexes could set up a “rival royal court” alongside William and Kate’s future reign. Coverage cites Harry and Meghan’s decision as notable because Harry had last year said he could not imagine bringing his family back to Britain. Some reports say the couple plan an extended stay beginning this fall and will keep properties in Montecito, California, and in Portugal. Commentators and articles warn the move could intensify public scrutiny and carry risks for the institution if high-profile disputes continue; Kate’s stated priority in the report is to minimize that damage by securing civility between the brothers.

3 sources