GCSE results day: some schools report record pass rates
i do kinda think, as somebody who did high school in the usa, that a-level/gcse results day is a very peculiar phenomenon. i could not tell you what day i got my SAT scores, let alone my AP's
signing day, though, that one i remember clearly. great day. we are all very peculiar
I think it’s a more modern phenomenon. When I was getting high school results (Scotland, 1990s) we didn’t know in advance what day the envelope would arrive and indeed because it was all through the post it depended on your local postie so not everyone found out on the same day.
I remember my A-Level results day. The press came and shoved cameras in my face because I was due to get good results, so I made sure not to react at all. Horrible memory. Ghouls.
I don't even remember when I took the tests anymore, nor my scores. But I do remember that the very smart twins in my class had one 1600 SAT and one slightly less than 1600 lol
I remember A level results day. In ye olden dayes, they got posted out, and you got them on the Friday, earliest. I was in college at a summer school, so got handed my envelope on the Thursday afternoon instead of it going in the post. Did not go well, missed my grades. Do not envy the kids now.
I remember my AP/SAT *scores*, but not the day I got them.
my 16yo got their gcse results today and did well enough to study their chosen subjects for a-level (maths, physics, chemistry) at their secondary school's 6th form they were particularly delighted when i told them that they'd done better than me when i did the equivalent exams 40 years ago!
(i'm a proud parent who sees them far too rarely in real life but is full of joy and happiness at the smart, kind, thoughtful person they've grown to be)
Ooh congratulations to them (and you) ☺️
I am so happy for both if you! I vaguely remember a picture of your kid (from behind, no face) from many years ago, showing your very same lovely blond hair.