Skip to content

Prince Harry and Meghan plan return to the UK

cultureAug 20, 202680297

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry and Meghan, plan to relocate from the United States to a private, non-royal residence outside London later this month, the BBC reports. Their children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are enrolled to start at a British school in September. King Charles was told of the move on Sunday; he had been unaware of the plan before last weekend but welcomed the opportunity to see more of the Sussex family in a private, personal capacity. The Prince and Princess of Wales have also been informed. The couple will remain private individuals and will not resume roles as working royals. Security arrangements for royals in the UK are decided by the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures, RAVEC, and the Home Office said the protective security system is "rigorous and proportionate." The move follows the Sussexes stepping back from royal duties in early 2020 and their July visit to Highgrove, during which Harry promoted the Invictus Games; David Wiseman of the Invictus Games Foundation said having Harry back in the UK ahead of the Birmingham event next year is "excellent news."

3 sources