Mike Flanagan’s Carrie, Prime Video series draws mixed early reviews
‘CARRIE’ is Mike Flanagan’s weakest show thus far, failing to adapt the tragedy of Stephen King’s iconic first novel. Find out more in our review... discussingfilm.net/2026/10/01/c...
Flanagan doing a poor adaptation of a famous horror work? Shocked, really.
first thought: “toothless not homeless” second thought: that really sucks
Devastating news. Will still watch. ☹️
Ugh not what I wanted to hear as I’m a Flanagan Fanatic. Will still check out it out.
"A betrayal of Steven kings novel" shows discussions films expectations vs reality. It's a mike Flanagan TV show. This isn't an adaptation. It's a reinterpretation.
Remake flawed work. Stop remaking genuine classics. It will NEVER, EVER come CLOSE to the original, and is a direct insult to the audiences' intelligence. If it doesn't insult your intelligence, that reflects on your intelligence, not on the classic they're degrading & gravedigging for $$$.
Adapting “Carrie” over twenty-four hours?!
Carrie as a tv series is already crazy but what do you mean “most of the students end up on her side by the end” and “three seasons are planned” that sounds very She Does Not Destroy The Town On Prom Night of them
Idea: make Carrie a young, book-loving girl with awful chavvy parents, getting one over a sadistic headmistress. Also add songs.
Relacionado con mi tuit anterior: nada me alegra mas que se confirmen mis peores temores sobre una serie para poder saltármela alegremente
another bad Carrie adaptation with Carrie being played by a skinny conventionally attractive woman?
Carrie adaptations seem to genuinely be kinda cursed lmao And personally I think it’d be best if the person to inevitably adapt Carrie next was a woman, get someone who can actually understand the horror of being a teenage girl yknow
The universe is punishing him for NOT MAKING THE DARK TOWER
I'm on the record as a big fan of the new Mike Flanagan version of CARRIE, and while I'm not going to spoil why or how it's different and new and its own things, I am going to say something I never, ever thought I'd say: I would really like a season two.
Now that there’s less of an embargo (Loved it)
Carrie White gets elected to Congress. She's bullied and then...
I was thinking of watching it with my kid, she was able to handle Hill House and Midnight Mass and this themed thematically more something she could relate to. I assume this wouldn’t be any more inappropriate for her to see?
Good morning! I reviewed the new CARRIE for TV Guide! It’s very good, but makes a choice that I find pretty disastrous at the very end. Gonna be a divisive one! www.tvguide.com/news/carrie-...
Also if you are a parent with a kid about to start school maybe check in with yourself before starting this one because this is very much About Those Specific Fears
my guy has a really hard time with endings (I will never forgive the ending of Haunting of Hill House)
as soon as i heard someone say "shine" my feelings started to change
Saw the first two episodes last week and I'm looking forward to more! Reading your review helped a lot to set expectations for the rest of it.
As ever, this was a great read -- eager to see all of this, for good and ill.
The OG 1976 adaptation of Stephen King's #Carrie is one of my all-time favorite films. So I have side-eyed every lame remake/sequel since. But somehow, Mike Flanagan pulled it off with his new series, which is mostly great. Check out my review for @nerdist.bsky.social nerdist.com/article/prim...
Happy to hear. Trust in Flanagan, even though I wonder what on earth he's going to do with "The Mist".
Nice review. Carrie looms large in my childhood, the first movie I saw behind my mom's back when it debuted on HBO. I also read the book far too young when it came out on paperback. I love the investigation panel parts of the book and wonder if the White Commission would be part of this adaptation..
So so happy to hear this! I’m a FANagan, but even I was like “do we need another one?” I had faith in Mike, though. I will follow that dude anywhere.
I saw the 1st 2 eps of Mike Flanagan’s CARRIE at #FantasticFest (they’re excellent). Then I saw the great doc BOORMAN & THE DEVIL abt the making of EXORCIST 2. Flanagan is a talking head in that doc. This has led me to finally start watching THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER, which I missed when new!
I’ve seen most of Flanagan’s projects, but not all. I think he’s a genius and one of the most important voices in horror currently working. So I’m glad for the “reason” to finally catch up on this one. (Maybe Bly Manor will be next?!)
My wife isn’t usually into horror but loved his HOUSE OF USHER.
Been anticipating Boorman & The Devil all year. Hoping it gets released soon 🙏